Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:43 am   Post subject: set size once loaded

Hi
i'm trying to integrate slides converted with ispring pro into my AS3 conferencing whiteboard.

i'm facing 2 problems: once loaded the swf is too big. i tryed setting m_loader.width or m_player.width, but it didn't change. is it possible to control the display size of slides when loaded as external swf ?

also: i previsously made tests using the sdk, and the basic functions i created were working (m_player.playbackController.gotoPreviousStep(); etc...). since i made the conversion with ispring pro, i have a "cannot access property of a null object...in flash when trying to go to next or previsou step... And while i can see the slide on screen, the playerEvent INIT is not fired...

are there any differences in the api depending if slides have been converted with pro or sdk ?

thank you for your help

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:41 pm   Post subject: Re: set size once loaded

Yes, there were a lot of changes in Slide API for the AS3 Flash presentations converted with iSpring in comparison with the legacy AS2 ones. However, there is no documentation ready yet for this new AS3 API, please wait for iSpring SDK 6 release. It will be released in a month or so.

Meanwhile you can use legacy AS2 player and use its AS2 slide API. Please use AS3 connector to let it work in your AS3 project.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:11 am   Post subject: Re: set size once loaded

hi and thank for your reply

so i believe i have to convert my slides in flash8 with ispringpro to use the as2 api, correct ?

what about the size matters ? i couldnt find the command to controll slide size

thank you !

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:10 pm   Post subject: Re: set size once loaded

You can use Flash 9 player and AS2. I don't recommend you use Flash 8 because it doesn't support some features of our Advanced players.

Do you mean picture size or file size? File size cannot be assigned directly, you can impact on it indirectly by compression settings adjustment before conversion. Picture size also can be set only before conversion in iSpring SDK COM API, Presentation converter class -> Settings interface -> Appearance property.

There is no setting in Slide API to change width and height parameters of already converted movie.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:37 am   Post subject: Re: set size once loaded

so yes sorry, i'm talking about dimensions and not weight.

i set 720*540 or 800*600 in the converter, but when displayed in my flash movie, it appears much larger. i tryed defining the size of the container, it didn't change nothing.

another thing regarding videos: is it possible to have video autoplayer when reaching a slide showing a video ? at the moment, or i have to press the play button of the video player, or the slide goes directly to the next one when reaching the video...any clue ?

thank you for your help !

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:21 pm   Post subject: Re: set size once loaded

Probably you have Full screen playback option turned on at the General Publish tab. It makes the Flash take the whole available place in a browser. Resolution you set in Advanced settings doesn't matter if you use this option to play it full screen.

When adding a video to a PPT slide you can set it to be started automatically or by user click in PowerPoint options. It will be retained in a Flash analog presentation.

Profile profile test

Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:03 am   Post subject: Re: set size once loaded

hi and thanks for your reply, but fullscreen playback is unchecked...

Profile profile test

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:36 am   Post subject: Re: set size once loaded

hello
i'm waiting for the version 6 to be released, do you have an idea of the release date ?

thank you !

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:52 pm   Post subject: Re: set size once loaded

Happy to inform you that iSpring 6.0 actually came out back in October 2011. Read on at http://blog.ispringsolutions.com/?p=1269

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:47 pm   Post subject: Re: set size once loaded

thanks but are we talking about the same thing, read previous message:

Quote:
Yes, there were a lot of changes in Slide API for the AS3 Flash presentations converted with iSpring in comparison with the legacy AS2 ones. However, there is no documentation ready yet for this new AS3 API, please wait for iSpring SDK 6 release. It will be released in a month or so.

this message is dated february, 15th, 2012

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:15 pm   Post subject: Re: set size once loaded

Oops - I apologize for not following the thread very precisely - I obviously was talking about desktop products, not SDK. As for iSpring SDK 6, the release is now expected in the mid-April, but the beta version is ready to go. If anyone is willing to give it a try - feel free to contact us via email @ support@ispringsolutions.com and we will send you a download link. Thanks!

Profile profile test