Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:36 pm   Post subject: Creating SCORM Files with iSpringPro

Hey other iSpring users. Have any of you used iSpring to wrap up SCORM files and then put them into production? Any tips, tricks, or gotcha's that I should be aware of that are unique to iSpring?

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:07 pm   Post subject: Re: Creating SCORM Files with iSpringPro

iSpring authoring tools were designed to create a single SCO per PowerPoint presentation (it could also include quizzes and kinetics interactions). Our software does not aggregate several SCORM SCOs into a single one that could be uploaded to LMS later.

It is purpose of another tools that work on a higher level of SCORM hierarchy but on the other hand they won't do what iSpring does. I've heard of SCORM Packager tool by Adobe and there are many others, probably free.

What is it for? If you add some additional info we probably could suggest. By the way have you tried iSpring Online? I don't think that if you use this one you would ever need SCOs aggregation capabilities.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:49 pm   Post subject: Re: Creating SCORM Files with iSpringPro

I'm too are having this kind of issue. A single SCO per PowerPoint doesn't make sense. What is the purpose of doing SCORM if you can't track the learners progress throughout the content.

Let say that I got 20 slides for my training material. I divided it into 4 sections: introduction, concept, summary, assessment. Can anyone show me how to create 4 SCO in iSpring so that I can track the progress for each section.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:04 pm   Post subject: Re: Creating SCORM Files with iSpringPro

Tracking results is the main task of LMS, because SCO itself cannot store results.

iSpring creates a single SCO per presentation. It cannot divide one presentation into several courses. There are several applications that can aggregate several SCOs into a single one.

Profile profile test