Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:34 am   Post subject: HELP! How to handle STEP_CHANGED Event

I'm trying to handle STEP_CHANGED event in a slide generated in standalone model with iSpring Platform 6.0.3 trial version. I should handle each step in slide to sync with other app.

this standalone swf file loaded in a SWFLoader component.

Code:
pc = event.target.content as ISlidePlayerContainer;
if (pc != null){
   if (pc.playerIsAvailable)
   {                      doSomethingWithThePlayer(pc.player);
        }
   else
   {                     pc.addEventListener(PlayerContainerEvent.PLAYER_IS_AVAILABLE, onPlayerAvailable);
   }

private function doSomethingWithThePlayer(player:ISlidePlayer):void{
var steps_count = player.slide.animationSteps.count;
}

//get command from external
pc.player.view.playbackController.gotoPreviousStep();

These code works fine.So it means the I can control the step changes.

But I have checked the SDK from Platform,no STEP_CHANGED event defined in it.

so, how can I handle this event? How to add a EventListener?

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:08 pm   Post subject: Re: HELP! How to handle STEP_CHANGED Event

I have to say that AS3 API is altered from AS2 significantly. As for this event that you mentioned, there is no an identical event in the new API.

However, there is always could be a workaround, so here we go:
http://www.ispringsolutions.com/help/topic/platform.6/asdoc/index.html?ispring/presenter/player/clock/PresentationClockEvent.html
Please subscribe to the event TICK in IPresentationClock interface.
This event occurs every time when internal player's timer is being renewed. Thus, it could be used for checking step/slide changes.

According to your request we will add a similar event to that one you were talking about in the next version of Platform 6.2.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:34 am   Post subject: Re: HELP! How to handle STEP_CHANGED Event

Thanks! It works.

Profile profile test