Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:09 am   Post subject: Editing audio tracks in iSpring

I have a user who is attempting to transition from Adobe Presenter 7 to iSpring Pro. One of the problems she is having is in editing the audio track to her presentation. Frequently she'll want to delete some audio from the track (if the presenter gets ahead of the slides, for example) or mute a certain section of the audio or otherwise manipulate the audio.
I've looked and I must not be seeing how to do this.

I found this:
http://www.ispringsolutions.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/pro.6/desktop/media_editor/volume_control.html
But that's about controlling the volume of a clip and not deleting portions of a clip outright

I also found this:
http://community.ispringsolutions.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2524
This seems to be from a user who is having the same problem I am. The response was, "You cannot edit sound flexibly with iSpring, there is some third party special software for it," with an indication that this functionality might be added in for late Spring 2012.
My user is really unhappy with Adobe Presenter and would like to move to iSpring, but not being able to easily edit the audio track of a presentation would be a deal-breaker for her.
Any help or advice on this would be greatly appreciated.
--
Bryan

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:50 am   Post subject: Re: Editing audio tracks in iSpring

Yes we know that Adobe Presenter has pretty good audio editing tool right inside of their PPT to Flash converter. It is definitely the good part of it.

We recently have added Manage Narration options to our authoring tools so audio editing tools are pretty simple now and, speaking frankly, doesn't have all the possible options to work with sound.

The options which we have in the current version 6.1 are:

• Adjust volume of the entire audio track
  • Crop sound track in the beginning and in the end

We have the following features planned to the next releases (iSpring 7, planned to the end of this year):
  • Fade in / Fade out
  • Adjust volume of the chosen part of the audio track
  • Delete chosen parts of the audio track in the middle
  • Insert silence

After we do that possibly we will add some audio filters, echo etc. We don't have much information on such distant plans though.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:53 pm   Post subject: Re: Editing audio tracks in iSpring

I needed to take 28 1-paragraph voice-over wav. files insert them into iSPring Pro and sync them to 200 slides in PowerPoint. I downloaded a great little open source program that can do basic multi-track editing. It's at http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/.

I imported each file into a single Audacity Project, and then I could chop bits out, or add space in between phrases where I needed a little more time to advance through my animations comfortably. Once I liked what I had, I could export it into a single wav. file, then import that file into iSpring Pro. The results are amazing. The clicks/cues match up perfectly with the voice over. The more I learn about iSpring, the more I love iSpring!

Also, Audacity is very easy to use, supports multiple languages, and best of all it's freeware!

Best of luck with your project!

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:01 pm   Post subject: Re: Editing audio tracks in iSpring

Thank you for your feedback. We definitely think that Audacity is the best in class professional audio editing software and it's just amazing that it is free. We would suggest it to anybody who needs some advanced editing operations for sound.

We will try to achieve at least a small part of Audacity's audio editing options for narrations.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:51 pm   Post subject: Re: Editing audio tracks in iSpring

I need help in that area also. All I need to do now is clip some audio at the beginnings and ends of slides, but I can't find the tools to do so. I don't see the 'green wavelength' thing on the editing layout, nor do the slide beginning and ending marks light up to be moved when I hover. HELP!!

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:44 am   Post subject: Re: Editing audio tracks in iSpring

Please close Manage Narration window and then re-open it again. Then select a track you want to modify and you should see its borders. Here is a screenshot:
Please make sure that recording and other options are not active because they could disable this option of shortening sounds from the ends.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:22 pm   Post subject: Re: Editing audio tracks in iSpring

Thanks for the suggestions, but it doesn't help. Here's what my screen looks like:
Oops. I can't get the pic to attach or post here.
Anyway, I don't see the green waves nor the grab bars.
--V.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:13 am   Post subject: Re: Editing audio tracks in iSpring

Here's some more info regarding my 'no audio tracks' situation.
The audio file in my PowerPoint is a .wav file.
Does that help anyone help me?
On my PowerPoint I click iSpring Pro.
Once there, I click Manage Narration.
I see my first slide in the top bar.
I see all my slides down the left.
On the horizontal edit bars I see a counter scroll.
Under that are the slides. they are numbered, and have yellow vertical bars.
Under that is the audio bar. It has an audio record and pin icon.
Under that is a video bar.
Now, vertical, crossing over both the audio and video bars, are alternate grey and white stripes. They correspond with the slides in the slides bar.

I have edited video and audio in many programs, yet here I cannot find the 'audio' to edit.

When I start the synchronize I can hear the audio but I still see no way to edit the audio.
ANY help out there??
Thanks.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:18 am   Post subject: Re: Editing audio tracks in iSpring

Probably you've added your audio in PowerPoint, that is why you can hear it while syncing but still don't see it in a Manage Narration editor. Please use Import tool of Manage Narration.

If you still experience problems please send us your PPT presentaiton with the resources folder corresponded to it to our support [at] ispringsolutions.com email address. Don't forget the link to this topic so we could see the history of this case.

Profile profile test