Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:27 pm   Post subject: Quiz Maker and ASP.Net

I really, really like this product, it would save my company a lot of time but the deal breaker is that we MUST save this data from the quiz in MS SQL so I need to be able to read the quiz results in an ASP.Net page.

I can get the sample PHP page to save the results in a text file (using the sample code) but cannot translate the page into an ASP.Net page. We have been working on this for several days and are at the point of abandoning the product.

Is there anyone out there that has done this successfully? If so, can use please share some sample code?

Thanks,
Joe

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:02 pm   Post subject: Re: Quiz Maker and ASP.Net

We would be happy to help you figure out how it could be done for a ASP.NET page but we don't have any samples on it.

If you are interested in translating our PHP sample to ASP.NET code and modifying it that way that it will save the results to a SQL database please take a look at our custom development or consulting services. Our developers will be glad to help you create a code for your project. Please contact us at support [at] ispringsolutions.com to negotiate the terms.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:17 pm   Post subject: Re: Quiz Maker and ASP.Net

Mikhail wrote:
We would be happy to help you figure out how it could be done for a ASP.NET page but we don't have any samples on it.

If you are interested in translating our PHP sample to ASP.NET code and modifying it that way that it will save the results to a SQL database please take a look at our custom development or consulting services. Our developers will be glad to help you create a code for your project. Please contact us at support [at] ispringsolutions.com to negotiate the terms.

To be quite honest, I shouldn't have to pay to have a sample php page converted to an ASP.Net page. I would think that you would already have a working example considering the large ASP.Net market that exists out there.

Having an ASP.Net demo would most arguably greatly increase your sales as most businesses do not use PHP for their business needs.

Thanks,
Joe

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:14 pm   Post subject: Re: Quiz Maker and ASP.Net

I agree with you but I have to say that still we don't have any ASP.NET projects in the quizzes area or we'd sent it to you already.

If you want to have additional samples or changes in the existing code we would initiate a project, involve a developer. Beforehand we need to negotiate the clear task and will suggest a price for it.

I think that most companies do the same thing or don't even offer any custom services. Thank you for your understanding.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:45 pm   Post subject: Re: Quiz Maker and ASP.Net

Mikhail wrote:
I agree with you but I have to say that still we don't have any ASP.NET projects in the quizzes area or we'd sent it to you already.

If you want to have additional samples or changes in the existing code we would initiate a project, involve a developer. Beforehand we need to negotiate the clear task and will suggest a price for it.

I think that most companies do the same thing or don't even offer any custom services. Thank you for your understanding.

I'll tell you what.... If you have your developer take the 43 lines of php code and convert it to an ASP.Net page (including writing the sample data to a results.txt file). I'll look at the code and if it's usable, I'll buy the full iSpring Suite.

How's that for negotiation? :-)

Joe

Profile profile test