Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:49 am   Post subject: presentation.app

Hi,

Now I'm trying the free version of iSpring Pro. Before buying, I would like to know how to do an export on dvd mac and pc versions of a powerpoint presentation + video.
It's ok for pc version but i can't see the mac export option.

Thanx for your help.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:40 am   Post subject: Re: presentation.app

There is a publish tab on the left hand in Publish window called CD. By choosing this option you will get files necessary for burning onto CD/DVD. If you want to extend compatibility with Mac please read further.

Do the following:
- Select Generate EXE and publish for CD.
- Then publish for WEB, it will be usual SWF (with generate EXE unchecked and Generate HTML checked) to the different folder and name it "For MacOS".
- Burn the files created in first conversion to a CD and add the folder "For MacOS" as well.

Thus, you will create the CD for PC and if you run it on PC it will run automatically. When you run this CD on mac, it will not run automatically (restriction of Mac OS) but you will notice the folder "For MacOS". Open it and run index.html

Feel free to ask any questions.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:51 pm   Post subject: Re: presentation.app

That's what I thought.
It's a shame that the application does not generate file .app.
A real need for distribution on DVD.
Thank you for your answer!

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:19 pm   Post subject: Re: presentation.app

That is problematic to create an .app on Windows platform. If you have mac computer you can do it by yourself. Please just perform the following steps:

That's all you need to do, then you will have presentation.app made from the presentation.swf

Profile profile test

Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:49 am   Post subject: Re: presentation.app

Hi Mikhail,

In fact, I worked on mac.
This solution is more interesting, I did not know the process.
And it seems to work, thank you for this information!!

Anthony

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:23 pm   Post subject: Re: presentation.app

You are welcome. I hope it will be useful for other users as well. The way how you make projects with Flash debugger player on mac is the same as on PC but you will get .exe instead of .app. iSpring just makes this process automatic for PC platform.

Profile profile test