Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:07 am   Post subject: 3D Book - exisiting content

Hi everyone,

I'm currently evaluating the iSpring Suite because what it has to offer seems to be pretty interesting to me (in terms of pricing and features). One thing I like very much is the 3D Book functionality. So here is my question regarding that interaction:

I have a lot of content already available, e. g. a 100pg PDF file that I would love to create as a 3D book. Is iSpring capable of doing that (handling up to 100 pages)? If so, is there any way to copy and paste existing content (I could get a hand on the original word file, that was the source for the PDF) into the 3D Book creation tool? I'm asking because there are several other flipbook tools out there and having this functionality in addition to all the other elearning capabilities of iSpring would make it the perfect match for me.

Thanks in advance for your kind answers.

Phil

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:11 pm   Post subject: Re: 3D Book - exisiting content

Thank you for your post.

Actually, there are no limitations on the content size except Flash format limitation on the maximum file size set by the creators of the Flash format. You can learn more about them here:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash/kb/flash-movie-size-limit-flash.html

While creating your project using iSpring Kinetics you can easily copy text from a Word document and paste it to your 3D Book. Copy/paste options should work normally between the two applications. Just please don't forget to create a text box in your 3d Book first to paste the text into!

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:33 pm   Post subject: Re: 3D Book - exisiting content

Thanks, Stacy, for your response.

Can you maybe also tell me, if it's possible to have hyperlinked elements in the 3D book (like a link to a website, a linked image or similar)? Can I maybe also embed video in such a 3D book?

Thanks for your support in advance!

Phil

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:11 am   Post subject: Re: 3D Book - exisiting content

As for now, you can use only text and images in a 3D book, like in a real book :)
Though we have received so many requests for additional options like using sounds, videos and links in 3D-book projects that we will definitely work on them in the future versions.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:46 pm   Post subject: Re: 3D Book - exisiting content

erm - this was the same answer I recieived only last week but it has been three years since the same answer - so was it ignore, or forgotten about?

As an extra question to the one about adding word documents. It does copy and paste fine, but is there any way to copy a hundred plus pages from word into interactive book in one go rather than one page at a time. I have the trial for iSpring 8 but it seems that this feature is not there.....

Thanks,

Richard Jones

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:56 pm   Post subject: Re: 3D Book - exisiting content

Hello Richard!
Usually the features for the new versions are planned long before its release.
In the current version 8, the only way to add the text to a 3D book from the Word document is to add it by pages.
In the new version 8, some other great features were added:
Screen recording
Dialogue simulations
You can find more information about the new features here:
http://www.ispringsolutions.com/blog/ispring-suite-8-coming-soon/

Profile profile test