Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:49 am   Post subject: Go back and retake a submitted quiz and correct answers?

Scenario...

Person is using a survey quiz to document a clients progress. They answer the 5 questions and submit the quiz. This way it gets stored and the answers analyzed across many test takers.

Later on, that person realizes they missed an important detail on one of the survey questions.

Can they reopen the same quiz and correct an answer without retaking the entire quiz?

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:20 am   Post subject: Re: Go back and retake a submitted quiz and correct answers?

Hi Erik,

Thank you for your post.
As soon as the quiz is closed, the results are submitted. I'm afraid there is no way to correct an answer after closing a quiz.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:10 am   Post subject: Re: Go back and retake a submitted quiz and correct answers?

Is there any way in the most recent version for this function to happen? I'm not clear why a user can't go back and retake a survey quiz? Especially if it's part of the learning to go back and review and learn. I am having the hardest time trying to work around this issue and time is running out as my client wants the ability for people to retake the quizzes again. Even a simple function where the user can clear their answers from last time and retake it would be great. It's not a graded quiz so not sure why this function is not available. This is very frustrating.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:42 pm   Post subject: Re: Go back and retake a submitted quiz and correct answers?

Hello Jean Marie!
This is Alex with iSpring Tech Support team.

Please keep in that the default option for number of attempts is 1.
However, in the quiz properties it can be changed to the Unlimited:

How do you think, will this option be useful for you?

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:59 pm   Post subject: Re: Go back and retake a submitted quiz and correct answers?

Thank you! Yes, I'm aware of this but maybe I have a more unique request so I'm not sure if it's possible. My users would like to take the quiz once and review it while they are in that module. When they close that module and then go back to review/re-take/revisit it module again, they would like to be able to retake the quiz. (So, it's like they are watching the module for the first time but it will have been marked as Complete from an LMS standpoint).

Lastly, I'm not sure if this puts a snag in things, but I need to have the nav setting to "Limited" as my client wants to make sure the first time the user goes through the module they go through it's entirety. After that they can choose to review what they'd like.

Is all that possible in one module?? :-)

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:00 am   Post subject: Re: Go back and retake a submitted quiz and correct answers?

Quote:
Yes, I'm aware of this but maybe I have a more unique request so I'm not sure if it's possible. My users would like to take the quiz once and review it while they are in that module. When they close that module and then go back to review/re-take/revisit it module again, they would like to be able to retake the quiz. (So, it's like they are watching the module for the first time but it will have been marked as Complete from an LMS standpoint).

This is how it works! If you enter your course once again and choose not to Resume your presentation from the last slide viewed it will be re-started and you'll be able to take the quiz once again (even if you have passed it before).

Quote:
Lastly, I'm not sure if this puts a snag in things, but I need to have the nav setting to "Limited" as my client wants to make sure the first time the user goes through the module they go through it's entirety. After that they can choose to review what they'd like.

Let me suggest that you turn on the option to ask user whether they'd like to start from the beginning or continue watching from the place they left.
It can be adjusted in the Playback and Navigation tab in the On Restart: line - Prompt to resume

Keep in mind if you select Always start over - Limited navigation will be applied for eah attempt, Always continue - Quiz will have the same status as when they left this course.

Profile profile test