Posted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:06 am   Post subject: Volume control via javascript

Hi,

We are using SWF files published from iSpring in a web application. We now have a requirement to control the volume based on user preference - on some pages where the user is focused on presentations and tutorials application does not mute the volume. But in some other pages where the user is viewing data, by default a tutorial (swf) plays, but they can choose to mute sound in these pages.

Users are using iSpring Pro 7 to publish PPT to flash.

I checked throughout the iSpring site and could not find the right way to achieve this (or I was not able to understand enough), though found some information on javascript api access etc. But I am not sure how to go about this.

I am new to iSpring and do not have enough knowledge in flash or actionscript.

Please help me to complete this long pending task. I appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance,
PJoshi

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:50 am   Post subject: Re: Volume control via javascript

Thank you for your post.
Actually there's a volume button on the iSpring player:
The volume control button can be enabled or disabled in the settings of the bottom bar:
http://www.ispringsolutions.com/help/7/topic/pro/desktop/universal_player/bottom_bar.html
If this is not the issue could you please specify it in more details?
Thank you!

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:28 pm   Post subject: Re: Volume control via javascript

Hi Lena,

Thanks for the quick response. Yes there is volume button. But on our site user sets the preference - 'mute volume' and this should not require the user to manually click the volume button every time a page loads flash file.
If user has selected to mute the volume on specific pages we want to mute the flash sound on those pages without requiring the user to click volume button, though the video should continue to play.

Hope the requirement is clear.

I read some topics which says we can access fsplayer.api.soundcontroller thru javascript, but I am not sure how to do this. Please help, or suggest any other alternative.

Thanks,
PJoshi

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:19 pm   Post subject: Re: Volume control via javascript

Actually, you can use Slide API that iSpring Pro/Suite 6 provides. However, it would require additional development with which we cannot help you in a forum topic (it's a custom development service). Let me show you the link to our online documentation:
http://www.ispringsolutions.com/help/to ... Sound.html

Note that iSpring Pro 7 doesn't have Slide API.

There is a way of doing that without use of any API. iSpring can handle trigger animations and sound playback just fine so you can create sound objects set on click. If a user needs to listen to instructions, a sound icon right on a PowerPoint slide could be used for this purpose.

Profile profile test