Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:43 am   Post subject: Quiz (newbie alert)

Hello! I am trying to create a placement test - it is a multiple choice quiz and there is no pass/fail, basically, but instead several different pass levels: for instance, 15% A1, 25% A2 etc (6 grades altogether).
I can't find where in the settings there is an option that allows results to display this information, and, if possible, redirect test takers according to their grade (to a different slide or external URL).
Thank you in advance!

P.S. Using integrated QuizMaker in iSpring Suite 6

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:42 pm   Post subject: Re: Quiz (newbie alert)

Hi Elena,

Thank you for your suggestion!
The ability to create differentiated result screens will be added to one of the future versions of iSpring QuizMaker.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:56 pm   Post subject: Re: Quiz (newbie alert)

Thank you for your reply, Stacy! I am still learning to play with my new toys, and thought I might have missed something. A possible temporary workaround would be to use the option to send people off to a landing page that explains percentages/points and corresponding bands/grades.

Another question: is there a way to email students their grades? Or let them download their result?

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:10 am   Post subject: Re: Quiz (newbie alert)

You can allow students print their results right after finishing a quiz. This option can be turned on in quiz settings --> Result --> check the check box "Allow user to print results".

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:42 am   Post subject: Re: Quiz (newbie alert)

Hi, guys! I do hope that the differentiation of results will not be hard to implement; for me, it's critical, and I can't currently think of a workaround.

Another question: is there a way to import a CSV/txt file into a multiple choice quiz? In other words, something that can cut down the time of producing a 200-question quiz? Or, at least, to import the questions?

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:42 am   Post subject: Re: Quiz (newbie alert)

iSpring QuizMaker 7 will allow questions import from MS Excel. The beta-version of the tool should become available by the end of the summer. Would you like me to add you to the list of beta-testers for it?

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:11 am   Post subject: Re: Quiz (newbie alert)

Fantastic, thank you, Stacy! :))))))))
Can't wait!

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:58 pm   Post subject: Re: Quiz (newbie alert)

I added you to the list of beta testers.
You'll get a message from us as soon as the beta version is available.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:56 pm   Post subject: Re: Quiz (newbie alert)

Another silly question from me, I'm afraid: what is the way to embed a quiz into a WordPress post?
Thanks, afraid the answer is obvious but I cannot see it!

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:46 am   Post subject: Re: Quiz (newbie alert)

With Flash uploading to a Wordpress blog was just a matter of a few clicks: you need to install a plugin for adding Flash to your posts (it's called SwfObj), then convert PPT to a single swf Flash file with iSpring and attach it to your post. Very simple!

SwfObj is a plugin for Wodrpress and it will appear on your edit post panel when you install it.

Here is a page with super-short instruction on its installation:
http://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-swfobject/installation/

Here is a complex info on that:
http://orangesplotch.com/blog/swfobj/

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:20 pm   Post subject: Re: Quiz (newbie alert)

Thank you, Stacy! Worked really nicely.

Profile profile test