Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:05 pm   Post subject: Going from Older iSpring Version to New

I'm a little confused about what happens when an upgrade occurs. Let's say I have iSpring 6 and have created a file in which I used the iSpring tool to record a presenter video to go with my slides. I decide to upgrade to Pro 7, and I uninstall version 6 and then install version 7. Will my presenter video remain in the file for production in version 7 (so that I might still produce that same file using version 7), or does the upgrade somehow remove any audio/video I would have created using version 6?

Thank you for any information!

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:39 pm   Post subject: Re: Going from Older iSpring Version to New

The upgrade procedure is always simple and straightforward in iSpring: if you upgrade within one generation (Pro 6.1 -> Pro 6.2) the older version will be substituted; Whenever you upgrade to the next generation (Pro 6 -> Pro 7) a new program will be installed and it will have a separate tab in PowerPoint and a folder on your HDD. Before or after installation of a new major version you can uninstall the old one as any other program from your computer: Start -> Uninstall a program -> iSpring.

All the projects you were working on with the previous versions of iSpring Pro will be supported by the newer version (backward compatibility). No extra-steps are required like exporting, saving to a newer format etc.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:30 pm   Post subject: Re: Going from Older iSpring Version to New

Thanks for the info, Mikhail!

Profile profile test