Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:18 pm   Post subject: Internal Results (QuizMaker)

Can I ask if anyone is keeping the results generated local and if so how?

I've possibly got an issue with our IG / Data Protection department regarding if we ask for Name or eMail Address as this is Identifiable data. Add to that the email results leave the EU it more of an issue.

Would like to hear from anyone that uses their own php/sql database (or other language) or any other solution to capture results.

I take it if using moodle this requires the end user (of the assessment) to create and login to moodle ?

Any help or guidance on what works best would be great

Cheers
Dave

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:19 pm   Post subject: Re: Internal Results (QuizMaker)

Hi Dave,

You can make a quiz send results either to your email or server. If they are send to email, you can copy and transfer them you your database manually. If you send them to server, you can write a script which will do all the job automatically. iSpring samples, the XML-scheme and the description of all the variables that iSpring operates with are described in our knowledge base:

http://www.ispringsolutions.com/kb/articles/quizmaker/sending-quiz-results-to-server.html

As an alternative and easy solution, you can try out iSpring Online LMS. In this case, you upload content and add user emails to your online account and collect all kinds of statistics for them:

http://www.ispringsolutions.com/ispring-online

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:39 pm   Post subject: Re: Internal Results (QuizMaker)

Hi Stacy,

Question regarding your reply. When you say "send results to your email" is that direct to my email or via iSpring mail servers ?

Also if I send to my own server, does anything go to the iSpring server ?

My main area of concern is data leaving the EU, or the company network.

Cheers
Dave

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:31 pm   Post subject: Re: Internal Results (QuizMaker)

If you send results to email - then yes, the quiz connects to the iSpring mailing server first, so the Internet connection is required for this.

In your case sending results to server will work better since it can be accomplished within a local network. iSpring server doesn't participate in it.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:21 pm   Post subject: Re: Internal Results (QuizMaker)

Thanks Stacy, gives me a clearer direction to test now.

To everyone else, have you created a SQL DB and got it all working, be interested to hear either in reply or via private your thoughts and processes.

Cheers
Dave

Profile profile test