Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:41 pm   Post subject: Are relative file paths possible in iSpring Pro 7?

I am using the free trial version of iSpring Pro 7. I have a set of external pdfs that I want to add to a presentation. Due to the nature of the presentation they need to either be reached through a relative path or I need a way to include them in the presentation itself that will be compatible with both Flash and HTML 5.

I know about the Resources function under the iSpring Pro 7 tab, but my concern is that I may not be able to use a relative path for the files I want. When I select Add file attachment... and locate the file I want to add, the path to it is added automatically and cannot be edited. I have the same concern when trying to add a Hyperlink to the pdfs as an Action. It seems like the path cannot be edited.

Is there a way to make file paths relative in iSpring Pro 7?

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:04 pm   Post subject: Re: Are relative file paths possible in iSpring Pro 7?

I believe I found the answer to my question in a reply to another question. In essence, use Hyperlink instead of Action or Resources and make sure the external file ends up in the same folder as the published presentation.

If you don't think that will work for some reason please let me know. If not, thank you for taking the time to read my question.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:37 am   Post subject: Re: Are relative file paths possible in iSpring Pro 7?

Thank you for your post.
Yes, it's necessary to locate the attachments in one folder with the output presentation.

Profile profile test