Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:06 pm   Post subject: QuizMaker: Setting Negative Answer Score

Sorry if this sounds a bit silly, but I am trying to figure out how to properly allow partial credit when creating questions that have multiple correct answers (e.g. multiple response). I set the question to allow for separate answer scores and distributed the percentages to add up to 100 (A & D = 50%, B & C = 0%), but I found this doesn't necessarily do what I wanted. When sampling the quiz myself I discovered if I selected every answer I would still get 100% on the question despite selecting a couple wrong answers.

My question is such: Is it possible to assign negative answer scores for incorrect answers? I would like students to be able to receive partial credit for a question, but hate to see them get full credit by selecting every possible answer. Please let me know if you need any more information.

Thank you!
Steve

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:54 pm   Post subject: Re: QuizMaker: Setting Negative Answer Score

Although this model is a cruel approach for taking tests, we have plans to support it for future QuizMaker releases! :) At least negative score will be possible within a single multiple choice question. Maybe this will applied on the higher level as well: the level of questions.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:04 pm   Post subject: Re: QuizMaker: Setting Negative Answer Score

Thank you for the reply, and I'm glad to see you have plans to support it. Don't get me wrong though, I understand it is cruel! I would only mark 10-15% off the incorrect options so they still get most of the credit. Taking off a little just helps prevent students from selecting every answer and lets them know they may need to review the content again. Either that, or I'm just mean.

Thanks again!

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:49 am   Post subject: Re: QuizMaker: Setting Negative Answer Score

I totally understand the point. I wanted just to add a little fun to it. Yes I have checked up with our plans and there will be negative points within a question and within a quiz.

Subscribe to a beta-test on our main page to take a look at it from the "first row".

Profile profile test