Posted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:45 am   Post subject: Pass in session variable in QuizMaker

Without using the URI, can I pass in a userid php session variable into QuizMaker? Can I do this in QuizMaker 7?

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:21 pm   Post subject: Re: Pass in session variable in QuizMaker

The user login information could be passed through the FlashVars.

The sample of <param> tag to pass FlashVars to iSpring generated Flash presentaiton should be as follows:

Code:
<PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="username=Jonh%20Marshall&userid=1234&email=john@yahoo.com">

Also these variables could be passed as a GET method through the URL:
Code:
https://mywebsite.com/presentation.html?username=Jonh%20Marshall&userid=1234&email=john@yahoo.com
quiz.swf?username=John_Smith&email=john.smith@gmail.com

Profile profile test

Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:21 am   Post subject: Re: Pass in session variable in QuizMaker

FlashVars will work great, I will try it.
Thanks

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:42 am   Post subject: Re: Pass in session variable in QuizMaker

I am not able to get Flash Vars to work when using PHP.

Code:
// From page with flash file
<param name="FlashVars" value="username=abc&userid=123&email=hello">

// from submit to server php page
$username = $_POST['sn'];
$email = $_POST['se'];
I can get all of the other variables to work in php but not the ones coming from Flash Vars. I did not set "user name and e-mail" as I want this info to come from Flash Vars.

On a side note, what is the post parameter for user_id? It is not listed on http://www.ispringsolutions.com/kb/articles/quizmaker/sending-quiz-results-to-server.html.

On a second side note, can I use the username inside a quiz?
Code:
//Example
%USERNAME%

Profile profile test

Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:08 pm   Post subject: Re: Pass in session variable in QuizMaker

I am still not able to use FlashVars or the URL parameters. I can only make it work with the in app alert prompt for email and username.
Does FlashVars / URL Get method work with "Sending Quiz Results to Server"? AS version does not seem to make a difference. I have tried many different ways and can not get it to work.
Please help

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:40 am   Post subject: Re: Pass in session variable in QuizMaker

We are sorry for this inconvenience. UserID was removed in one of the updates. We will bring it back asap as per your request.

Profile profile test