Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:35 pm   Post subject: Detect completion of solid state output swf

Hi,

First off this is a great product. I found your product on the Actionscript.org forums and have tried various other PPT to SWF conversion utilities and have been underwhelmed by them. So far I am very pleased with your product but I do have a couple of questions before I purchase this program.

1. Is there any way to detect when a solid state output .swf file has completed the final slide? I tried to accomplish this with putting "test.swf" as the URL to go to upon completion, but nothing happens.

Let me also add that I am attempting this through the stand alone Flash player that installs with Flash (Flash CS3 IDE and Flash Player 9). I am using Flash Spring Pro 2.0.2 as that was the trial version I downloaded quite a while back when I first started testing these different PPT to SWF conversion utilities.

2. Will it make a difference as far as the go to URL question is concerned whether I am using 2.0.2 as opposed to the latest trial version?

Thank you for what I assume will be a prompt response to these questions.

Jason

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 3:37 pm   Post subject: Re: Detect completion of solid state output swf

As far as I understand, FlashSpring Ultra is your choice. FlashSpring Utra generated presentations provide an ActionScript API for controlling slide playback and receiving notifications about various events during playback.

jasonbm76 wrote:
Hi,

1. Is there any way to detect when a solid state output .swf file has completed the final slide? I tried to accomplish this with putting "test.swf" as the URL to go to upon completion, but nothing happens.

There is an fsplayer.api.IPlaybackListener interface which is used to receive events from presentation. Its onPresentationPlaybackComplete() method is called when presentation playback is finished:

Please take a look at the following sample within FlashSpring Ultra installation folder:
"C:\Program Files\FlashSpring Ultra 2\samples\flash-player-samples\event_handling.fla"

jasonbm76 wrote:
2. Will it make a difference as far as the go to URL question is concerned whether I am using 2.0.2 as opposed to the latest trial version?

Please explain your question in details?

FlashSpring 2.1 adds new functionality to 2.0.x version keeping backward compatibility with it. Please rever to the documentation to see what new features were added.

Profile profile test WWW www ICQ ICQ

Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:24 pm   Post subject: detecting the end of slide or presentation

If someone uses an older version than Ultra to generate a swf, is it possible to detect the end of that swf?

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:01 pm   Post subject:

Dear Dominick,

Thanks for your question.

It is possible to get the movie completion events only using FlashSpring Ultra because Ultra version includes API.

To learn how to catch completion events, please install FlshSpring Ultra and see the samples in FlashSpring Ultra installation directory. Usually the paths to those samples look as follows:

"C:\Program Files\FlashSpring Ultra 2\samples\samples\flash-player-samples\event_handling.fla"

The events you can see here:

"C:\Program Files\FlashSpring Ultra 2\samples\sdk\fsplayer\api\IPlaybackListener.as"

To receive evants on movie playback completion you must add the following function to the sample:

function onPresentationPlaybackComplete():Void
{
// your event handling code
}

FlashSpring Ultra can be downloaded here:

http://www.flashspring.com/downloads/fl ... ra_2_2.exe

Thank you!
I will be glad to answer your further questions.

Profile profile test