Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:22 pm   Post subject: Quiz results and presentation completion percentage

Hi,
I have created a presentation in iSpring suite with a quiz at the end. We will be creating many of these and we would like the settings to be such that if a person happens to skip a few slides, they will still get their quiz score sent to the LMS. However, if they go straight to the quiz without viewing, say 95% of the material, they will not get credit or be recorded as completing the training.

Is there a way to do this? I have been experimenting with the "rate number of slides" and "weight" and I can't seem to figure it out.

Thank you!

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:49 am   Post subject: Re: Quiz results and presentation completion percentage

Thank you for your post.
If your course has both "rate quizzes" and "rate number of slides viewed" completion settings enabled, this means, that the final course score is calculated as an average of slides viewed and quiz results. I.e., if a user passes the quiz but views only 2 of 20 slides in the presentation, his final course status will be "Failed". The course will be passed if the user passes the quiz and views all the slides in the course.
Here is the detailed formula which describes how the course final score is calculated for SCORM packages:
((Viewed slides ÷ total slides) * weight for slides * 100% + (user score in % for Quiz1 * weight for Quiz1) + (user score in % for Quiz2 * weight for Quiz2) + ... (user score in % for Quiz_n * weight for Quiz_n)) ÷ (weight for slides + weight for Quiz1 + weight for Quiz2 + ...weight for Quiz_n)
You can find the instruction on how to manage completion settings for your courses here:
http://www.ispringsolutions.com/help/to ... tings.html
I hope my answer was helpful.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:58 pm   Post subject: Re: Quiz results and presentation completion percentage

Has this been resolved yet I am using the trail and am installing multiple quizs in a course but want the person to be able to stop and resume at any time without starting over
Hopefully I am submitting right new to the system
Thanks

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:06 pm   Post subject: Re: Quiz results and presentation completion percentage

Hello, Surgingforward!

Thank you for posting here. In the latest version of iSpring software you can select the On restart option (can be found in Playback and Navigation tab of the Publish window). Please select the Prompt to Resume or Always Resume option.

Hope this will help.

Have a nice day!

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:08 pm   Post subject: Re: Quiz results and presentation completion percentage

Thanks for the quick answer I had this checked but when I uplaod to digital chalk and test it seems that once I take one quiz and only veiw 12 of 58 slides it gets marked as completed. I need the student to complete the entire course before deemed completed does it have something to do with the weights of the quizes and the slides?
Thank you much

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:11 pm   Post subject: Re: Quiz results and presentation completion percentage

Hi, Surgingforward!

Please check the Progress and Completion settings. Go to Publish - LMS - Learning Course tab. Select how many slides should be rated and make sure that quizzes are rated as well, if you have any in your course. Quiz rating can be found in Properties of QuizMaker.

Please also keep in mind that your LMS may have its own settings for rating slides, and check them out as well.

Profile profile test