Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:48 pm   Post subject: Animations for SmartArt problem with swf file

Hi everyone! I am new to iSpring. One of my slides includes a SmartArt graphic (using Powerpoint 2007). To be exact, the SmartArt called “Vertical bullet list”. I have added animation effects to this SmartArt (Appear ; and 'one by one' 'Fly in' for each row of the bulleted list).

After publishing with iSpring, the animations on the SmartArt isn’t functioning (other objects are working properly). The SmartArt is immediately and completely on screen (rather than appear and fly in each row one by one).

Can anyone advice what to do or what causes this problem? Thanks for your time.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:33 pm   Post subject: Re: Animations for SmartArt problem with swf file

SmartArt animation is not supported in the most cases since it is saved to a still image. It may occur when you use effects for the shapes, stroke, extrusion, shadow, 3d etc. Please simplify your SmartArt effects and use option Advanced SmartArt processing and the Advanced Publish tab window and see if it helps.

However, regular shapes could be animated without an issue and there is a following workaround for your case: please transform SmartArt object to a shape format and implement animations to each shape manually. It's not very convenient but will retain animations with no problem.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:04 pm   Post subject: Re: Animations for SmartArt problem with swf file

Thanks! Converting the SmartArt into a shape did the trick! For others with this problem, a link to how to convert into a shape:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/power ... 83890.aspx

Profile profile test