Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:22 pm   Post subject: Small Autoshapes rasterize badly

It seems certain small autoshape objects rasterize badly in FlashSpring Pro 2.1.8. I don't recall this happening in older versions. Interestingly, when I resize the objects to make them bigger, they look perfect. But, when they are small, the look horrible. I included both the ppt and the swf it produced.

http://www.rightreasontech.com/issues/sample.ppt
http://www.rightreasontech.com/issues/Sample.swf

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:35 pm   Post subject:

Hi Dmeglio,

Thank you very much for reporting of the problem. Your files were of great help for us. I passed them to our development team and as soon as the problem is resolved, I will let you know.

Thank you!

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:25 pm   Post subject:

Dear Dominick,

Our developers say that this problem corresponds with PowerPoint technology. FlashSpring uses PowerPoint means to save the graphic objects. PowerPoint allows to save some of the objects of small size only as WMF pictures, so after conversion some of small shapes are rasterized. It is possible to develop new technology which will allow to save such object as vector images despite PowerPoint peculiarities, but this will require some time. We will work on this problem in future but at present moment the date of problem fixing is not specified. As soon as it is specified, we will let you know through our forum.

Thank you!
I will be glad to answer your further questions.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:57 pm   Post subject:

Hmm. I understand what you're saying, but it doesn't seem to work that way. For one, pre-2.1.8 (I don't recall which version I had before) it was working fine. Second, when I right click on the objects that rasterize in FlashSpring and choose "Save as Picture" and choosw WMF, it looks beautiful, there is no rasterization at all. Can you explain further?

Profile profile test