Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:22 pm   Post subject: Having issues converting from PPT to Flash (is file too big)

I have a PPT presentation that I am trying to convert...I believe I have converted presentations this size before (356M). It is 131 slides, each slide containing one photo, no verbage, minimal actions (slow fade, auto transition).

I even tried to break it down into two separate shows, and it is not working...any help on this would be great!

I have been using this for almost a year now, and implemented the software directly into my product...it has been great! And, my clients love them! However, I have hit my first snag, and need this immediately for Monday delivery of product.

Thank you for your help!

Cameron
Gainesville, VA
http://www.uSee360.net

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:04 pm   Post subject:

Dear Cameron,

Thanks for your message.

There can be 2 reasons for your problem:

1. Your computer does not have enough resources to convert such a large file.
2. There is a specific object in your presentation which cannot be processed properly by FlashSpring Pro.

If you have a possiblity to try conversion on a machine which has more resources than yours, it would be great. Also I would receommend you trying the latest version of FlashSpring Pro, which can be downloaded here:

http://www.flashspring.com/download_fla ... o_2_2.html

If this version does not help, you will need to find out if there is a specific object in your PPT which does not allow to complete the conversion. I would like to ask you to make some testing to define which slides contain problematic objects. To do it, please make a copy of your presentation and divide this copy into three separate presentations. Then convert each separate presentation part and check which part causes the problem. Then you may divide problematic part into smaller parts and finally you will be able to see which slide cause the problem. When you define the problematic slide, could you please send it to us, of course if it is possible? This will really help us to resolve the problem as soon as possible. Your help is highly appreciated.

Thank you very much!
Looking forward to your reply.

Profile profile test