Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:20 pm   Post subject: QuizMaker. Denial of skipping graded questions.

Hello,
i stumbled upon a small problem.
I created a graded quiz with 10 multiple-choice questions and 10 info-slides.
The question requires the user to watch a small video clip, and to decide what happens next, in this video. The Answer will be given at the following info page.(Same video, only longer.) Same procedure with the following 9 questions.

I do not allow the user to go back and forth in the question catalogue. But, if the user doesn't choose an answer for the question and proceeds, he gets the pop-up window, where he can decide to skip this question. That results in him getting to the info page with the solution and the question will be sorted to the end of the quiz. Now he can answer this question while knowing the answer. (then he would get 10 questions in a row without the info slides in between) Is there a way to stop the user from doing so or to edit these pop-up windows?
That would be great for mobile devices too, because at the moment you can barely read what is written on these pop-ups.

Best regards
Bastian

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:16 am   Post subject: Re: QuizMaker. Denial of skipping graded questions.

Hello Bastian,
Thank you for your post.
Thirst of all you should enable the Linear/Branched Scenario in the Quiz Properties --> Navigation.
After that please go to the first question, and open the Feedback and Branching tab at the bottom of the window. Choose Branching to be By Question, and specify that if user fails, he or she should go to the Info Slide, and if answers correctly - to the next question.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:02 am   Post subject: Re: QuizMaker. Denial of skipping graded questions.

Hello Valerie,
thank you very much for your reply, i will try it the way you described.

Bastian

Profile profile test