Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:06 pm   Post subject: LMS Return Visit Doesn't Remember Quiz Completion

Hi,
I have a presentation (course) which includes mulitiple embedded quizzes and is loaded into a SumTotal LMS (formerly Maestro).

The Issue
I want the status of the course to be "Completed" after viewing all slides and completing all quizzes (quiz tracking is not important). This works if the course is viewed in its entirety in one sitting. But it doesn't work if you view half the course, then exit and return at a later time to finish the course. Specifically, the quiz slides are not remembered by the LMS. It works fine if there are no quiz slides.

Let's say my slides are as follows:
1 - PPT Slide
2 - Quiz
3 - PPT Slide
4 - Quiz
5 - PPT Slide

If I complete slides 1-3 then exit and return to the course, it sends me to slide 4, which is correct. However after completing slides 4 and 5, then closing the course, the LMS reports In-Progress.

However in the same scenario, if I were to exit and return to the course then complete slides 2 - 5 the LMS reports "Completed".

So again, the issue is that the LMS does not remember that I completed a quiz slide from one session to the next.

Any ideas? Let me know if I need to clarify...
Thanks

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:34 am   Post subject: Re: LMS Return Visit Doesn't Remember Quiz Completion

Thank you for your post!
Actually it's not possible to save the status of a quiz from the last session in a new one so when you don' finish the course in one sitting you will need to take the quiz once again. We're going to implement this feature in one of the next versions of iSpring products probably next year, however I cannot specify the exact date.
At this moment we can only recommend that you have separate courses instead of one long course.
Also probably your LMS has the learning path feature that allows to create one course separated into several parts so that a student can only forward to the next part after he passes the first one. We're going to have this feature in our iSpring Online LMS soon.

Profile profile test