Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:03 am   Post subject: Is it possible to define an equation to make it requirement

Hi there,

I'm attempting to create a Survey with 9 Yes and No questions. If the users answers yes, they are required to provide feedback. I am using Survey Question "Pick One" with 2 questions. Question 1. "No" and question 2. "Yes, Please Explain:" This works fine, however the users are able to skip to the next question without populating that field (in other words, the "other" field can be skipped). Is there a way to make that field a requirement before they can proceed to the next question?

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:10 am   Post subject: Re: Is it possible to define an equation to make it requirement

Thank you for your post.

Sounds great! I love using QuizMaker to create complex scenarios such as that. Alas, however, it seems all I can offer you at the moment is a workaround. (I will submit a feature request for the precise functionality you require).

For now, I would recommend that you add a Type In question to accompany each question and set the branching By Answer, rerouting each "Yes" answer to its accompanying Type In; then, branch that Type In back to the next question in the sequence.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:56 pm   Post subject: Re: Is it possible to define an equation to make it requirement

Brian wrote:
Thank you for your post.

Sounds great! I love using QuizMaker to create complex scenarios such as that. Alas, however, it seems all I can offer you at the moment is a workaround. (I will submit a feature request for the precise functionality you require).

For now, I would recommend that you add a Type In question to accompany each question and set the branching By Answer, rerouting each "Yes" answer to its accompanying Type In; then, branch that Type In back to the next question in the sequence.

Thank you Brian for your input! Unfortunately branching makes the reporting very difficult since it creates and extra cmi.interaction depending on the response. This was actually the original route I took and depending on you responded, there is anywhere between 8 to 18 cmi.interactions. This made it impossible to associate a cmi interaction with a specific question since a cmi could equal 2 different values depending on how the user answers the question. I just had another setback a minute ago with this. The "other" input does not get submitted as a cmi.interaction, just the selection text "other" or whatever else I type in there :(

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:22 am   Post subject: Re: Is it possible to define an equation to make it requirement

Thanks for your reply.

Ah, so you're publishing a SCORM package, are you?

Well, I don't see any reply yet on my feature request, but I'll create a case for it so you can be notified on any updates.

After all, we're iSpring Solutions, not iSpring Stopgaps, right? :)

P.S.—In order to keep track of this case, you need to create an account here at ispringsolutions.com. It will also be much easier for us to follow up on this case if you do so. Please send an email to support@ispringsolutions.com in any event for faster processing.

Profile profile test