Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:34 am   Post subject: Ispring P7 & Moodle 2.6

Hi Have just upgraded to P7,
What are the best settings for P7 to display a PPT presentation on Moodle LMS 2.6, both Ipads (html5) & Windows (flash) as I have been unable to get it working on an Ipad?

Moodle & (P7) works fine on Windows etc but not Ipad, what am I doing wrong?

So currently P7 upgrade, not achieving what I set out to do??

regards

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:35 pm   Post subject: Re: Ispring P7 & Moodle 2.6

I have used iSpring P7 on Moodle 2.6 with an iPad and it works very well :)

1) I saved to HTML5 output
2) Leave "Use iSpring Mobile app on iPad" OFF (mobile app wont work in an LMS)

I was exporting as SCORM 1.2, that works fine. If you use scorm in Moodle turn off the default Table of contents, I also use open in new window for that.

If you are not exporting as Scorm and are saving using the "Web" option in iSpring you can upload the zip of the HTML files as a folder in Moodle, then go into the folder, find index.html and set that as the main file in Moodles file picker. That will then give you an HTML version which keeps quizes but will not track student answers / views.

If you have a play with it I am sure you will get it working, as I said it 100% works in Moodle 2.6 :)

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:43 pm   Post subject: Re: Ispring P7 & Moodle 2.6

Works ok on both Ipad & Windows on a new subject, but when I attempted to upgrade my old Presentation (P6 Flash) for a new one (P7 HTML5) - In Moodle Ie:
Delete old Scorm zip, upload new one, it fails, I have a quiz at the end,
Q.Does it matter that the new Scorm file has a different file name, is there a dependency on the zip file being the same name?

Just trying to allow Ipad users to enjoy Moodle, wish id never started now!

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:49 pm   Post subject: Re: Ispring P7 & Moodle 2.6

Well, I would persist in getting it working, we have a lot of people using iPads in Moodle, definitely worth supporting it.

I have not tried to do what you are (deleting / replacing) but I do know there is a quirk in Moodles file picker relating to deleting / replacing files which is validation runs both on the client (in your browser) and on the server (in PHP Code).

If you are deleting / replacing the original zip file inside the file picker that maybe the issue. You could try renaming your new zip and see if that makes a difference.

I think there maybe another issue relating to this in Moodle, I am sure I read something about a similar problem recently but don't have the link, that was related to SCORM generally not just iSpring packages.

If you cannot get it working by renaming the file another option would be to "hide" your old SCORM keeping previous tracking data but preventing students from seeing it and replacing it with a new one (which is visible).

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:28 pm   Post subject: Re: Ispring P7 & Moodle 2.6

Yeah will give that a go renaming Zip etc, I will persist, as its important, If required I will Hide and setup a new Scorm etc, many thanks for help and advice.
Cheers
Robin

Profile profile test