Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:51 pm   Post subject: Stopping sounds on slide advance

I have a presentation with buttons for playing audio that are triggered as actions in PPT. The way these seem to work is they just play until the sound ends. Problem is, people get sick of listening and want to advance the presentation but some of these audio bits are still playing and dont stop when the slide advances. Is there any way to do something like "stop all sounds" on slide advance so that there isn't an audio overlap?

Thanks!

I'm using iSpring Pro 7, the presentation is Flash/HTML5

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:38 pm   Post subject: Re: Stopping sounds on slide advance

There is a nice stopAllSounds() function in Flash but apparently it's not something that can be used in PowerPoint.

Trigger sounds are usually short and it's not generally applied to long sound files. Maybe it's better to add a sound icon and set it a different picture?

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:29 pm   Post subject: Re: Stopping sounds on slide advance

What ended up working was placing a silent sound file on the next slide that had a "stop previous sound" action applied to it.

Sort of a cheap hack but it worked in case anyone else runs into this situation.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:33 pm   Post subject: Re: Stopping sounds on slide advance

It's a great problem solver! Thank you for sharing that.

Profile profile test

Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:55 pm   Post subject: Re: Stopping sounds on slide advance

funny, that's just what i would've recommended :)

Profile profile test