Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:04 pm   Post subject: Videos not playing but hear sound

Hello,

I have been using PowerConverter from PresentationPRO and was able to convert Flash videos (swf's created from mpeg2) without any problem. BUT, it was unable to convert swf's created with a Flash authoring package.

Then, I tried FlashSpring and was pleased to see that it successfully converted the swf's from the authoring package. BUT, so far I have been unable to convert actual videos created with a camcorder. I CAN hear the sound, but do not see the video. The camcorder creates videos in NTSC format mpeg2. I have tried converting these to various formats such as swf, avi, but FlashSpring was unable to convert them so that I could view the video in the resulting swf flash presentation.

If you can solve this one, I will purchase FlashSpring. Please help!

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:00 am   Post subject:

Hi Justin,

Thank you for your message.

We will be happy to try to fix the poblem, but to do it we need to test the video files which are not converted properly by our product. Could you please send us a sample video file to support@flashspring.com? Our development team will investigate the problem and fix it as soon as possible.

Thank you!
Looking forward to your reply.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:40 pm   Post subject:

Hi,

I have done some more tests.

Using WMV format I can convert a video and play it successfully. But, it only seems to work if there are no other flash animations on the slide.

Also, I was able to insert the video as swf, but again if there are other flash animations it places the video on the wrong slide. And, on the correct slide it only shows video, no sound.

Are these problems typical? It seems to get a bit confused if there are more than one flash animation.

Then, I removed flash animations from the master slide and found it to be much more accurate in the conversion. The accuracy of conversion was excellent with the WMV video, but not so accurate when in SWF format.

So, this seems to solved the problem. Do you normally recommend WMV format for videos? But, I thought flash on master slide was supported in this latest version.

I look forward to hearing your response.

Thanks and regards,

Justin

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:48 pm   Post subject:

Dear Justin,

Thank you for your reponse.

Like I said in my email to you, I suppose that this problem occurs because you used some kind of tool to convert your videos into Flash format. The tool you used creates Falsh files which have the same names of file resources. After conversion to Flash the Flash file cannot define which file corresponds with a particular slide and messes up the files resources. It seems that the creators of the tool you used did not take into account that the Flash files can be loaded into external Flash file. Am I right that you used video to Flash conversion tool? It will be better if you insert the original video files into the presentation for better conversion.

Thank you!
I will be happy to answer your further questions.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:50 pm   Post subject:

Hi,

Thanks for your comments. I have found another video to swf converter that produces swf's that play well when converted with FlashfSpring.

In my further testing, I have found an swf that does not play when converted. I will email it to you at support@flashspring.com. Can your developers have a look to see if you can convert it? It only contains one frame with mostly sprites.

I look forward to seeing if you can convert it.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:27 am   Post subject: Have you found a solution to the swf files I sent?

Hi,

How are your developers getting on with the swf files I sent to you last week (see above)?

It would be good to know if Flashspring can convert them successfully.

Thanks.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:06 pm   Post subject:

Dear Justin,

Thanks for your message.

We are still investigating the problems with converison of your Flash files which are inserted into the presentaton. The inserted Flash files have some complex interactivity which require modification of Flash files processign in FlashSpring Pro. At present time we are working on changing and improving the technology of inserted Falsh files processing. As soon as the development is completed, we will let you know.

Thank you!

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:19 pm   Post subject:

Dear Justin,

I have just got some information from our developers. Your Flash files contain ActionScript and it is not so easy to keep it after conversion. Could you please make sure that your Flash files do not have such links:

-root
-level0

If there are such links, you will need to change them to relative ones and the problem with converison will be resolved.

If links changing does not help, we can help you to convert such Falsh files with ActionScript but this can be done like consulting of our developers because your Flash files are specific. An hour of consulting of our developers costs $25. If you are interested in such consulting, please send us FLA files of your Flash files and we will define how much time it will take to make the necessary changes to convert your Flash files inside your PPT presentation.

Thank you!
Looking forward to your reply.

Kamilya

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:06 pm   Post subject: FLA files

Hi,

Thanks for investigating these swf files.

I will email to you the two files in FLA format. Please would you tell me the cost of consulting to convert these files. I understand that this would then enable me to embed them in PowerPoint and convert them with FlashSpring.

Regards,

Justin

Profile profile test