Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:32 pm   Post subject: Branching on Survey Question Which Word

Spent the better part of 2 hours trying to figure this out and reading on the forum and coming up empty....so perhaps someone can help.

I am trying to port an Articulate '09 Quiz to iSpring Quizmaker 7 but have not been able to figure out how to do branching on a survey question like "Which Word" based on their choice of answers. My alternative was to use a graded "Word Bank" question, but it will not let me turn off the grading or make it a 0 point question. It is really just to direct them, not to test them.

The idea is to have a first question that a student drags the correct system name that they are using and should be quizzed on, and branch to that group of questions, skipping over non-related groups and questions.

How can I do this?

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:26 pm   Post subject: Re: Branching on Survey Question Which Word

You can add branching depending on the answer even with Survey question type. See the example:
published:
http://support.ispringonline.com/view/1 ... xrtY-tGner
source:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/707 ... nario.quiz

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:02 am   Post subject: Re: Branching on Survey Question Which Word

Thanks Mike,

You used Pick One type question and I was trying to use Which Word.

I can use the Pick One type but perhaps sometime the iSpring team might consider enhancing the Which Word survey question to allow branching on answer as well.

But this will get me what I need for now. Thanks for your timely reply!

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:21 pm   Post subject: Re: Branching on Survey Question Which Word

It's nice to hear that it helped! You can use Type In question with 0 points (which is almost identical to Survey question).

In a survey question you can mark the checkbox Type In too and it will show you a field opposite to the premise message.

Profile profile test