Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:45 pm   Post subject: Audio Compression Issues

I am working with a PowerPoint that has audio for each slide. I am trying to get the over all size down after I publish through Flashspring 3.0.

Seems when I try and publish below audio below 64kBit/s the size goes UP NOT down???

This is the test. I have an MP3 at 128 kBit/s Mono at a size of 2.07 megs.The slide it self is 1.07 megs.

1) Audio Export settings: 128kBit/s forced @ 64kBit/s = SWF thats 1.75 megs

2) Audio Export settings: 128kBit/s (keep orginal bit rate) = SWF thats 2.65 megs

3) Audio Export settings: 128kBit/s forced @ 48kBit/s = SWF thats 1.75 megs

Whats the deal with the size getting larger? Even if I use an MP3 and its original bit rate is lowered to 64kBit/s, I cant get the over all size down?

Does Flashspring export in stereo or Mono?

Really need some help. Does anybody have a good solution to this?

Thanks
Erik

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:22 pm   Post subject: Re: Audio Compression Issues

ErikWaage wrote:
I am working with a PowerPoint that has audio for each slide. I am trying to get the over all size down after I publish through Flashspring 3.0.

Seems when I try and publish below audio below 64kBit/s the size goes UP NOT down???

This is the test. I have an MP3 at 128 kBit/s Mono at a size of 2.07 megs.The slide it self is 1.07 megs.

1) Audio Export settings: 128kBit/s forced @ 64kBit/s = SWF thats 1.75 megs

2) Audio Export settings: 128kBit/s (keep orginal bit rate) = SWF thats 2.65 megs

3) Audio Export settings: 128kBit/s forced @ 48kBit/s = SWF thats 1.75 megs

Whats the deal with the size getting larger? Even if I use an MP3 and its original bit rate is lowered to 64kBit/s, I cant get the over all size down?

What other compression options are specified?

ErikWaage wrote:
Does Flashspring export in stereo or Mono?

FlashSpring keeps number of channels unchanged.

ErikWaage wrote:
Really need some help. Does anybody have a good solution to this?

Could you please send us your MP3 file and test presentation to support@flashspring.com? We will research it and fix the problem as soon as possible or give you our suggestions how to fix.

Profile profile test WWW www ICQ ICQ