Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:02 am   Post subject: Embedding Vimeo streaming swf movie

Hi,

I would like to embed a Vimeo streaming Flash movie into a Powerpoint presentation and convert it using Flashspring 2.3 Pro. Can this be done?

The link to the streaming swf

The full code for the embed is:

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="400" height="266" data="http://www.vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=375757&amp;server=www.vimeo.com&amp;fullscreen=1&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=0&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=ff9933"> <param name="quality" value="best" /> <param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /> <param name="scale" value="showAll" /> <param name="movie" value="http://www.vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=375757&amp;server=www.vimeo.com&amp;fullscreen=1&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=0&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=ff9933" /></object>

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:19 pm   Post subject:

Dear Justin,

Thanks for your message.

We tried to have a look at the file you mentioned but the system asked us for the password we do not have. We suppose that you want to embed the file in FLV format. If so, we think that its embedding will be possible if you convert the FLV file into a format supported by PowerPoint and FlashSpring. For example, you may use a tool converting FLV files to SWF or to any video format (AVI, MPG, etc).

Thank you!
I will be happy to answer your further questions.

Kamilya

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:34 pm   Post subject:

Hello again,

Yes, the Vimeo site is a streaming video site like say, YouTube. Vimeo allows you to upload your own videos, they convert them to a flash streaming video format that can be efficiently viewed over the Internet. I am able to embed these videos in, for example Wordpress - a popular blogging tool.

I now would like to be able to embed them in Powerpoint / Flashspring output.

The particular video I gave you is password protected, but you can view it with the password: test

Hope you like the giraffes!!!

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:32 am   Post subject:

I assume this feature is not supported by Flashspring???

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:47 pm   Post subject:

Hi Justin,

We tried to find a solution allowing to embed this file into the generated Flash presentation, but with no success. The file you want to insert is loaded into external SWF file which has references to another file. This file cannot be downloaded that is why FlashSpring Pro cannot embed it into the generated file. I am sorry that we cannot help you with this.

Please, let me know if you have any further questions and I will be happy to answer them.

Thanks!

Kamilya

Profile profile test