Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:26 pm   Post subject: Video to Flash converter

I bought FlashSpring and I love it! You have a good and quality compression ratio. Here's my question.

I need a good program for converting video files (AVI, mpeg, etc.) to flash, but just a file without putting it into a flash player, so I can use them in PowerPoint. I need something that has a good compression ratio that gives really small file. I tried a couple of internet products and their reduction or quality were not good at all. Can you suggest a product that you know is doing good job in this regard, and still reasonably priced? I will appreciate your help.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:06 pm   Post subject:

Dear Jay,

Thanks for purchasing our product! We are happy that you like it.

I think our engineers will be able to give you advice on conversion of videos to Flash, but at present time our developers are on holidays until 8th of January. As soon as they are available, I will talk to them regarding your question. For now I can suggest you a temporary solution. You can create an empty PowerPoint slide with the width and height equal to the ones of your video file. After that insert your video file into this PowerPoint slide and convert it into Flash with FlashSpring Pro. Before conversion you will need to choose None option in Publish -> General tab -> Player.

After that you will receive your video converted into Flash without additional panels or buttons.

I will be happy to provide any necessary assistance. Happy New Year!

Kamilya

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:01 pm   Post subject:

Thank you for your response. Your suggestion won’t help much since this is a part of the slide show, with many slides.

I’m looking for a program for converting video files (AVI, mpeg, etc.) to flash, but just a file without putting it into a flash player. This converted Flash file is injected into one of the slides (between other slides) in the middle of the slide show. It needs to come up by itself as the slide show goes on. It can not have its own play/pause buttons.There is already a video player for the slide show that comes with FlashSpring.

Most of the video to Flash converters embody the file into their own video player. I’m looking for something that won’t have the buttons and will do a good, quality compression as FlashSpring does.

Profile profile test

Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:40 pm   Post subject:

Dear Jay,

But as I said in my previous post using FlashSpring Pro you can generate a Flash file without any additional navigation elements or player - just your source video file which will not be wrapped into a player. Like I mentioned below, you just need to click on Publish button -> choose General tab -> under preview windows choose None in Player field. I can create a sample for you if you send me your video file via email. After that I will send you your the generated Flash file and you will be able to check if this output covers your needs. You can send your sample video to me at support@flashspring.com

Thank you! Looking forward to your reply.

Kamilya

Profile profile test

Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:43 pm   Post subject:

Yes, but I need the FlashSpring buttons! This is a 10 min run presentation in which one of the slides plays that little flash file. That flash file is just a little part of the presentation, and the presentation needs your player.

Profile profile test

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:17 pm   Post subject:

Dear Jay,

Thanks for your response . I am really sorry for the misunderstanding appeared in our discussion. I am sorry that I was not able to understand what you need to get. I think in this situation the best solution is to send your presentation and video file to us so that we can understand how your entire show looks in PPT and then we will help you with its conversion to Flash. We guarantee absolute confidentiality of the files you will provide. Our email is support@flashspring.com
If the show is too large to send via email, we will give you access for uploading it to our FTP, just let me know.

Thank you!
Looking forward to your reply.

Kamilya

Profile profile test