Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:16 pm   Post subject: How to show "Notes" by default for users?

I'm testing out the use of iSpring Pro 7 where a client may want to put online dozens of PPT files. In many cases, PPTs don't have a live presenter's narrative included since the presenter is speaking on the fly while presenting. If we were to include each slides "notes", is there a way to show the notes to users right away? It's not likely that we will record audio, so this information would be important, and I wonder about new users not knowing how to get the notes to display.

I've seen the three different placements of the Notes when customizing the iSpring player: Top bar (pop-up), Side bar (tab) or on the bottom (CC style). Unfortunately I don't see that any of these options show the notes turned on by default. I plan on using the Outlines in the sidebar, and when also including the Notes in the sidebar the Outlines are open while the Notes require clicking to show them. I like the bottom bar CC style as this could be on along with the Outline in the side bar, but it still requires that a new user know how to turn it on for every course.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:21 pm   Post subject: Re: How to show "Notes" by default for users?

This feature is not very often asked to turn on by default since a majority of our customers I believe prefer to record narrations (audio/video).
As workaround I can suggest you to put an info slide in the beginning of a presentation with a brief explanation of navigation possibilities.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:30 pm   Post subject: Re: How to show "Notes" by default for users?

Thank you, Vladimir, this is appreciated! I'm guessing that also means there isn't such a feature (rarely asked about). I think your suggestion is the only approach to make sure new users know what to do. And I agree that most of the time there is narration which makes this a non-issue (I'm just not sure my client will want to pay for recording audio).

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:16 pm   Post subject: Re: How to show "Notes" by default for users?

Could you please specify what you meant saying "want to pay for recording audio"?
You can contact us via email support@ispringsolutions.com

Profile profile test