Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:46 pm   Post subject: Can I use YouTube player parameters via the URL?

I'm looking to have some control over the YouTube videos I [put into my PPT slides, and am used to doing so via the YouTube parameters, such as these: https://developers.google.com/youtube/player_parameters.

For example, I want to hide the related videos that appear at the end of a video. This is usually done by adding the query string to the end of the YT link, "?", followed by the various parameters you can use, such as ?autoplay=1&rel=0 (to set autoplay to true and related videos to false).

But when I use the Insert YouTube Video feature and paste in the YT link, as soon as I type the "?" to add these parameters, the "OK" button becomes disabled, not allowing me to add such custom parameters.

I'm wondering if there is a reason why this is prevented, and if there is a way to still have control over parameters like these.

I do understand that mobile & tablet devices don't autoplay media when you arrive on a slide and I can accept that. But disabled the related videos at the end would be nice so that users don't get distracted and start down a road of viewing other videos that aren't part of the content outline.

Thanks for any input.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:50 pm   Post subject: Re: Can I use YouTube player parameters via the URL?

Parameters can't be passed to a YouTube video inserted with iSpring YouTube options.

Profile profile test