Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:20 am   Post subject: Links don't work in downloaded zipped file

I published a presentation (index file + swf file) to my website in zipped form.

When I downloaded and unzipped it, the slide show played perfectly (including audio), except that the hyperlinks didn't work.

I'm using Firefox browser on a Mac.

I want to give my people the option of viewing the presentation online or downloading it. What are my options for enabling a download that will preserve the hyperlinks?

Thanks.

Pauline

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:15 am   Post subject:

Dear Pauline!

Please, put your mouse cursor over a hyperlink in a generated Flash file. Did it change to a hand? If so, this fact shows that the hyperlink does work after conversion. The problem can occur if your browser has security restrictions which do not allow to open the pop-up windows, or the security restrictions of Flash player plug-in installed on your computer do not allow opening URLs from locally placed Flash files. This can happen only if a generated Flash file is placed locally on your computer. You can make sure in it if you publish the generated Flash file on web, the link will work fine.

So, how to resolve the problem with locally placed SWF files? When you click on the hyperlink in Flash file located on your local machine, Flash player does not allow browser to open specified URL so that some part of data located on your computer was not passed into the web. But you can avoid the problem and set your Flash player to open the links from allowed Flash files. To do this, you need to go to Adobe site:

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager04.html

Then follow the recommendations showed at the pictures below. After clicking on browse button showed at the second picture you must specify the Flash files with hyperlink located on your computer.

But any case, there is no need to worry about opening of the links form the Flash files published on web - the restrictions I described relate only to the files placed on a local computer.

Profile profile test