Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:08 pm   Post subject: Does it support Powerpoint 2007?

I wonder if your Flashspring supports ppt 2007. I checked through your website and didn't find any info there...

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:10 pm   Post subject:

Hello Jeff,

I remember we updated it here: http://www.flashspring.com/download.html

And just to be on the safe side, let me copy it right here:
Flashspring supports Office 2007, though we faced the following issues with it:
1. Hyperlinks applied to texts.
2. Inserted Video conversion.
3. Conversion of embedded Flash files.
4. Improper conversion of Reflection, Shadow and 3D effects of PowerPoint 2007.

FlashSpring 3.0, we are working on, will totally support PowerPoint 2007 including fixes for above mentioned issues, and support of new functionality specific for 2007.

Profile profile test WWW www ICQ ICQ

Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:58 pm   Post subject:

Ok, thank you. I'll be waiting for powerpoint 2007 compatible version.
Please, include me into your newsletter

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:44 pm   Post subject:

Add me 2.
I am not yet on 2007, but it seems soon i'll be on.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:06 pm   Post subject:

Sure, you're both in the list now.

Profile profile test WWW www ICQ ICQ

Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:17 pm   Post subject:

Hi Sergey,

I have bought Flashspring 2.0 and now have recently upgraded my powerpoint to Office 2007 version. The Flashspring addons work, but not the links, just as you have specified.
Wanted to know if i get a free upgrade or not to your proposed Flashspring 3.0. I don't want to pay any more for this, at the moment. Also wanted to know when this will come out.

Thanks

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:05 am   Post subject: PowerPoint 2007 to Flash

I would like to have PowerPoint 2007 compatible version of Flash Spring as soon as possible .
When I make a google search by "PowerPoint 2007 to flash" , I find some conversion tools available out there to convert PowerPoint 2007 to flash.
Hope you can speed up.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:12 pm   Post subject: PowerPoint 2007 support

Hi!

Thanks for your message and interest in new versions of our products.

Like we said before, we are working hard on creation of the version of FlashSpring Pro which will support PowerPoint 2007 features. At present time our product is compatible with PowerPoint 2007, but, like we say on our site, some elements created in PowerPoint 2007 can cause problems with conversion to Flash due to technology changes made in latest PowerPoint.

What does PowerPoint 2007 support mean? This means that the product must work stably under PowerPoint 2007 and successfully process the objects that are possible to create in PowerPoint 2007 environment - animations, Reflection, Shadow and 3D effects, video, sounds, shapes, texts, interactive elements, etc.

Yes, there are some companies saying that they released a PowerPoint to Flash software supporting PowerPoint 2007. Have you tried that software? Just try those tools and we will be glad to hear of the results of testing. Some tools do convert PowerPoint 2007 presentations, but give low quality output - no Reflection, Shadow and 3D effects, no video.

Our company will be able to assert that FlashSpring supports PowerPoint 2007 only in case the most part of PowerPoint 2007 features are converted properly and product works stably under it. We would never say that we have the version that supports PowerPoint 2007, if our product could not give high quality output with most of 2007 effects retained. Our guiding principle is creation of high quality products and provision of clear information about their abilities and features.

Of course, we will try to accelerate our work at FlashSpring Pro supporting PowerPoint 2007 but we will never do this at the expense of product quality. As soon as there are news on PowerPoint 2007 supporting version release, we will announce this on our site and of course Community Forum.

Thank you!
Please, let me know if you have any further questions.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:38 pm   Post subject: Re: PowerPoint 2007 support

Hi Sergey,

I have bought Flashspring 2.0 and now have recently upgraded my powerpoint to Office 2007 version. The Flashspring addons work, but not the links, just as you have specified.
Wanted to know if i get a free upgrade or not to your proposed Flashspring 3.0. I don't want to pay any more for this, at the moment. Also wanted to know when this will come out.

Thanks

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:56 pm   Post subject:

Hi Member,

Thanks for purchasing our product.

FlashSpring Pro 3.0 which will support PowerPoint 2007, will be officially released in September. Next Monday our beta-testing team willl start testing the beta version of FlashSpring Pro 3.0 and after deep testing we will release it officially. According to FlashSpring update policy, all major upgrades cost 50% of the new product price, so the upgrade to FlashSpring Pro 3.0 from FlashSpring Pro 2.x will cost $99.

I will be glad to answer your further questions.
Thank you!

Profile profile test