Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:55 am   Post subject: Auto Advance Problem Solved - Corrupted Sound Animation Step

Hi,

I'm using PPT 2003 and am a new and happy user of FlashSpring. And I thought I'd share a solution to a pesky problem that seems to have bothered several users.

PROBLEM: Autoadvance won't work reliably.

CONTEXT: This problem arises when you add sound files (in my case MP3 files) to slides.

SOLUTION: It seems that sound events become corrupted somehow. The solution is simply to "remove" the sound animation event from the animation dialogue. And then add it back again. Bingo, problem solved.

You do NOT have to delete the actual file, so the fix is very easy.

OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Correct settings must also be given in both PPT and FlashSpring. In PPT, check Slide Transition "automatically". And in FS, UNCHECK "advance animations on mouse click".

I hope this helps. The result is a completely self-playing Flash file.

John

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:20 am   Post subject:

Dear JohnMorris,

Thank you for your advice and feedback on our product.

We will take into account the issues you faced and try to improve our technology so that our users can avoid complex tuning.

Thank you!

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:53 am   Post subject: Applies to PPT . . .

Just to clarify, the "corruption" I am refering to is in the animation event in PPT.

Profile profile test