Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:48 am
Post subject: Total Problem Solution -- Convert From WMF To Microsoft FMT
It is possible to TOTALLY solve the "jagged edge issue" on importing popular clipart objects. Here is the VERY EASY solution.
BACKGROUND: This applies to iSpring 3.5, running on XPSP2, and with PPT 2003.
PROBLEM: Imported clipart in "WMF" (or Enhanced Metafile, or "EMF" as well I think) format rasterizes badly to SWF via iSpring. Very jagged edges.
SOLUTION: Convert WMF format objects (the original format that that clipart usually comes in) to "Microsoft Office drawing object".
1. Paste WMF (or EMF) object into your PPT.
2. Right click object and select "Edit Picture".
3. You are immediately presented with a PPT dialogue box which says "This is an imported picture, not a group. Do you want to convert to a Microsoft Office drawing object?"
4. You answer "Yes".
5. Typically, this does NOT change the object in terms of visuals.
6. When you turn your PPT into a Flash movie now, your clipart shape will be totally smooth and professional looking.
Voila! Another success for iSpring!