Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:38 am   Post subject: TOTAL FIX ... Small Shapes Rasterize Badly Redux

Hi, there was another post six months ago about ClipArt WMF files rasterizing badly. What can be done about this because at small sizes they are really bad to the point of being unprofessional.

1. Is there a way of easily converting these conveniences to another form, such as PNG? Is that relevant?

2. Or can FS fix the processing?

Thanks,

JM[/url]

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:32 pm   Post subject:

Dear John,

Thank you for your message.

We will be happy to resolve the problem with the WMF images processing, but to do it we will need to test the conversion of your original picture files. Can you please send some examples of pictures which are converted to Flash with the issues? We will test the conversion of your pictures in our product and try to fix the problem asap. Our support address is suppport@flashspring.com

Thank you!
Looking forward to your reply.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:48 pm   Post subject:

Hi John,

Our development team researched the problem and fixed it. We have just updated FlashSpring Pro 3.0 version on our site. At present moment the version 3.0.5.1969 available. Please, download it and let us know how it works for you:

http://flashspring.com/downloads/flashs ... ro_3_0.exe

Thank you!
We will be happy to provide any further help.

Kamilya

Profile profile test

Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:53 pm   Post subject:

Kamilya,

Hi. I really like iSpring. I wonder if you could please look at the WMF rendering issue again, because it is not resolved in V 3.2, despite your hopes.

I will send you separately by email a screenshot. Seeing as WMF clip art is frequently used by PowerPoint users, I cannot help but think that it is really important for you to fix. I note that the rendering of all the regular Draw object art is just fine.

Thanks!

John

[/img]

Profile profile test

Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:57 pm   Post subject: Any schedule for PPT 2003 Improvements?

Hi,

As I believe this is partly an issue of me running 2003, any chance that the team is upgrading the graphics support for 2003? Lots of people still aren't running 2007.

Thanks!

John

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:47 pm   Post subject:

Hi John,

Please try the current build of iSpring Pro.

Moreover, we are going to release iSpring Pro 3.3 this week, processing of graphic objects is improved there.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:48 am   Post subject: Total Problem Solution -- Convert From WMF To Microsoft FMT

Hi Friends,

It is possible to TOTALLY solve the "jagged edge issue" on importing popular clipart objects. Here is the VERY EASY solution.

BACKGROUND: This applies to iSpring 3.5, running on XPSP2, and with PPT 2003.

PROBLEM: Imported clipart in "WMF" (or Enhanced Metafile, or "EMF" as well I think) format rasterizes badly to SWF via iSpring. Very jagged edges.

SOLUTION: Convert WMF format objects (the original format that that clipart usually comes in) to "Microsoft Office drawing object".

HOW:

1. Paste WMF (or EMF) object into your PPT.
2. Right click object and select "Edit Picture".
3. You are immediately presented with a PPT dialogue box which says "This is an imported picture, not a group. Do you want to convert to a Microsoft Office drawing object?"
4. You answer "Yes".
5. Typically, this does NOT change the object in terms of visuals.
6. When you turn your PPT into a Flash movie now, your clipart shape will be totally smooth and professional looking.

Voila! Another success for iSpring!

John

Profile profile test