Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:28 pm   Post subject: Choosing a question group to be tested - QuizMaker

Hi,
is there any way to exclude a given group of questions from the quiz or limit the quiz to only a given group?
What I need is two groups of questions (corresponding to basic and advanced level).
I want the user to choose one of two levels and branch the quiz to one of two groups so that only that group is used for the quiz and the other is not only excluded but also not used for calculating the final results.
Is it possible?
Would appreciate any help.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:12 pm   Post subject: Re: Choosing a question group to be tested - QuizMaker

Dear Dan,
Thank you for the post!
With iSpring Quizmaker it's possible to select random groups of the quiz:
http://www.ispringsolutions.com/help/7/topic/quizmaker.7/desktop/randomize_groups.html

and random question within the group:
http://www.ispringsolutions.com/help/7/topic/quizmaker.7/desktop/randomizing_questions.html
But all the results for both groups will be added to the final score.
Please visit our Knowledge Base to know more about Branching:
http://www.ispringsolutions.com/help/7/topic/quizmaker.7/desktop/branching.html

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:05 pm   Post subject: Re: Choosing a question group to be tested - QuizMaker

Thanks so much for your reply Julia.
I have seen the option that enables choosing random question group(s) and random questions within those.
However, the final score is just one of the issues.
Another is the fact that choosing just one group at random does not seem to work with branching. When I branch the quiz to the second group it works fine. But when branch to the first group, the quiz continues throughout the second group anyway ignoring the option that suggests it should select one random group (which kind of makes sense since the group is not selected but rather "branched" into by the user).
I tried to solve that problem by setting branching option (end the quiz) in the last question of the first group (without random order of the questions within the group obviously) but QuizzMaker seems to ignore the setting and continues to the second group anyway.
Am I missing something? Or is creating two separate quizzes for two levels the only solution?

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:08 am   Post subject: Re: Choosing a question group to be tested - QuizMaker

Dear Dan,
The point is that if you enable branching in the quiz will automatically disable the option "Randomize question order".
And you are right the result for the quiz will be general for all the answered question and not separated by groups.
Thank you for understanding!

Profile profile test