Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:22 pm   Post subject: LMS for newbie

I would like to create an e-learning site. I am considering a couple different venues; join my site to view the presentations or a pay to view/download type of site. I would also like to include some "face to face" video conferencing. Price is definitely an issue. Can anyone recommend a site or two for "newbies" to create this type of site?

Thank you for your time/responses!

Wayne

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:39 pm   Post subject: Re: LMS for newbie

I would certainly recommend you use of LMS. Creating of an e-Learning website according to your requirements would take months and years of man-hours for the whole team full off professional developers.

Available LMSs are:
iSpring Learn (no web conferencing but it's expected in the next updates)
Moodle (freeware but with no web conferencing too)

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:20 pm   Post subject: Re: LMS for newbie

Thank you. I recieved another reply with respect to the LMS offered with ISpring. Looks good but I am not ready to absorb the monthly cost until I am reasonably sure I can build up a clientelle. Is there an option to post the flash presentations I create without going into a comprehensive LMS site? I need to build up my business so I am now thinking I would like to offer some presentations to view for free and offer others for purchase. Or, perhaps have a monthly membership fee that woould allow paid members to see the presentations - but not download them. I am in a technical field (aircraft systems training) and have to be careful about people "borrowing" my work....
As my business builds and I see a basis for offering a e-learning site then go into it.
Thank you!

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:07 pm   Post subject: Re: LMS for newbie

Yes sure you can use any SCORM or Tin Can compatible LMS.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:54 pm   Post subject: Re: LMS for newbie

we had a site built from scratch with wordpress. it took close to a year, and the developer had no idea what they were getting into. fortunately, it's take us 2 years to write all of our content!

you may want to check out grassblade and learndash. grassblade can be used to launch and protect ispring content. it supports tin can. the customer service is fantastic!

learndash is a premade lms. i don't use it, but i'd have considered if it was available when i got started. you can use it with grassblade.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:21 am   Post subject: Re: LMS for newbie

Thanks a lot for your reply!! I will look into those two sites.

Profile profile test