Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:57 pm   Post subject: Custom Player Template

I must apologize, but I'm VERY new to iSpring. We're using iSpring Free to export PowerPoint presentations to Flash. The university has already purchased iSpring Presenter and we've been "playing" with it to create HTML5 presentations instead of Flash. Our concern is the limitations in customizing the universal player. We'd actually prefer to create a custom player, but we can't figure out where the universal player is stored in order to use it as a basis for what is needed to create a custom player.

Furthermore, we can't find any useful article or documentation that provides any such information, just how-to customize an already existing template.

I found the thread, viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4086, while searching, but the linked documentation, like all others we've found, is for customizing an existing player template. Can anyone point me in the correct direction for creating a completely original and customized player template? We intend to have it be capable of all the functionality of the universal player, just look different.

Thank you advance for your help.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:21 pm   Post subject: Re: Custom Player Template

Thank you for the post!
Actually there are two player templates available in iSpring Presenter 7: None and Universal (fully-customizable).
All the information about customization of the Universal player can be found in our Knowledge Base:
http://www.ispringsolutions.com/help/7/topic/presenter.7/desktop/universal_player/index.html
If you would like to develop quite a different player template, it can only be done with the API which isn't included in iSpring Presenter 7.
We added this capabilities to iSpring Suite DX.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:42 pm   Post subject: Re: Custom Player Template

Then there is no other way to develop a completely new template?

As for using the suite, I've installed the trial version, but I can't find where you can build a player template. As far as I can tell, there is no change to the software from the original presenter installation. :S

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:05 pm   Post subject: Re: Custom Player Template

Thank you for the post!
The point is that iSpring Suite DX with API is only available on demand, so it seems you installed iSpring Suite 7 regular version.
You can contact us at supprt@ispringsolutions.com and we can send you the link to try out the product.
Please also mind that developing quite a new player template for the presentation is not an easy task and might take a lot of time.

Profile profile test