Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:36 pm   Post subject: Inserted Flash File Not Displaying

Hello,

I am currently in the process of evaluating several different Powerpoint-to-Flash programs for our company and so far I like FlashSpring the best, but there is one stopping point. We need to be able include Flash/swf video files on our output slides. I've created an swf file in Flash 8 that uses the FLVPlayback control to play a video. Using FlashSpring's "Insert Flash" button adds it to the slide properly, and it plays back in Powerpoint just fine, but when viewing the swf published from FlashSpring, it does not even show up at all. I have tried in both Powerpoint 2007 and 2003 with no luck and have also set the output to Flash 8 and Flash 9 with no luck.

Is there anything special I need to do, or is this type of functionality not supported? I have successfully used this same file in a competitor's product (FlashPoint) but the quality of images output by them is not a good as FlashSpring's.

Thanks for your help,

Greg

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:01 am   Post subject:

Hello Greg!

Thanks for your interest in our products. Using FlashSpring you can easily insert .sfw files to your presentation but files that have FLV Playback control are not supported by FlashSpring at the moment.

We will highly appreciate if you could send us a sample .swf file that has FLV Playback control, so that we could test it and add the functionality you are talking about to our future versions.

You are welcome to send your sample to support@flashspring.com

Looking forward to your e-mail.

Profile profile test

Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:59 pm   Post subject:

It is difficult to understand how a simple flash controlling flv movies, embedded in another flash, may give problems.

I try manualy ( not with iSpring "flash-insert" button ) to embed one flash movie in a powerpoint, and it works when converted by iSpring to a flash movie. But there is exceptions: the cases where the embeded flash are flv players ... why ?

Moreover ... soon, how it will be possible to explain that iSpring is not supporting the "de facto" universal format for videos in the Net ?

With all my respect, I think that iSpring is a great and solid product, but if this issue is not solved, it will be as to go to the street with one armani's jacket and without trousers.

Some timing for this issue will be apreciated.

For exemple, this popular and free flash FLV player should be great working on swf created with iSpring : http://www.longtailvideo.com/players/jw-flv-player/

Thanks

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:00 pm   Post subject:

Hi!

We are planning to support FLV files in one of the future releases, as well as support of YouTube-like videos. Anyway we cannot be responsible for any third party players compatibility with iSpring.

Also we are not aware if JW Player was designed for playing in PowerPoint presentations and if it provides any means for it.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:46 pm   Post subject:

María,

IMO, JW Player is one swf file able to be handled as Shockwave Flash object as any other swf file. Actually is one of the most popular flash flv player.

Here, in the following presentation, I explain more in detail the problem trying to make working the player embeded in one swf file created by iSpring. My guess : the player must keep the URL's where the player and the movie are, but, for some reason, these variables are losed in the ppt-->flash conversion process.

Here it is the presentation :

http://www.slideboom.com/presentations/44421/jw-player-and-iSpring?pk=e871-4f40-3682-e409-cf6d-4235-e4ce-f345

And here the files involved in the test ( here just for 30 days, and sorry not a very fast server ) :

http://www.4shared.com/file/86982609/21e8ba6e/JW_player.html

Finally, about the timing for this flv suport for iSpring, to have some idea, can we say that we are speaking about weeks ? months ? years ?

Regards

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:18 am   Post subject:

Maria wrote:
We are planning to support FLV files in one of the future releases, as well as support of YouTube-like videos.

Some news ?

Profile profile test