Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:12 pm   Post subject: Send results to user-defined email

Hi,

I am currently evaluating a copy of Quizmaker. I have it set to "Ask for quiz taker information."

What I would like to do, is have the results of the quiz sent to the email that the user identified on the first screen.

Is this possible?

Thanks.

bruce janu

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:37 pm   Post subject: Re: Send results to user-defined email

Thank you for your post.

There is no such a feature to send quiz report to the email address which was entered by the participant before taking a quiz.
However, you can set up sending report to several email addresses.

All you need is to indicate the addresses in Reports settings: go Properties -> Result -> Send quiz result to email -> enter your email (if you would like to get the report) and user email (the user who will take this quiz).
The addresses should be entered as following: your.email@post.com, user.email@post.com

You can also try to execute it via JavaScript to send report to %USER_EMAIL%. Go Properties -> Result -> Execute JavaScript -> Customize.

Hope that was helpful.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:20 pm   Post subject: Re: Send results to user-defined email

Thanks.

Love the software, but that is one function that I need. I need to have the quiz results sent to the emails of various instructors, depending on the input by the quiz taker.

The only software that does this that I have found so far is Questbase. That software isn't as nice as iSpring, but it will have to do.

Thanks again.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:18 pm   Post subject: Re: Send results to user-defined email

Somewhat related to the topic, this could be of help:

http://email.about.com/od/gmailtips/qt/How-To-Forward-Gmail-Email-Using-Filters.htm

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:04 am   Post subject: Re: Send results to user-defined email

Hi,

I own QuizMaker 7 and I also need to send quiz results to user.

Quote:
All you need is to indicate the addresses in Reports settings: go Properties -> Result -> Send quiz result to email -> enter your email (if you would like to get the report) and user email (the user who will take this quiz).

This looks too simple! How can you enter email of a "user" except from the variable?

Quote:
You can also try to execute it via JavaScript to send report to %USER_EMAIL%. Go Properties -> Result -> Execute JavaScript -> Customize.

Could you elaborate? A piece of code would be nice.

Thanks.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:12 am   Post subject: Re: Send results to user-defined email

Vladimir, could you please give me details about your solution.

It looks like you manage to make it work.

Thanks.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:46 pm   Post subject: Re: Send results to user-defined email

Hello Pierre,

Thank you for your post!
Yes, iSpring QuizMaker 8 allows to send quiz results to student's email, if it was asked ahead of testing:

Hope you find this helpful!

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:51 pm   Post subject: Re: Send results to user-defined email

Thanks, but... I own version 7!

You were talking about a solution in your previous post (and see my post above), before QM 8 was out.

Quote:

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:08 pm   Post subject: Re: Send results to user-defined email

Pierre,

Yes, both versions 7 and 8 allow to execute JavaScript, but we do not have a pre-made sample script to do this. The JavaScript execution is up to you.
To make this feature more stable, we implemented this in version 8.
Thank you for your understanding!

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:32 pm   Post subject: Re: Send results to user-defined email

Thanks. I'll have a closer look then. I thought you had a ready-made script around.

Profile profile test