Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:02 am   Post subject: How to make "click on flash teaser" fulls screen l

Hi,

I'm having great success with iSpring. However, in Drupal, I'm using teasers in blog entries, about 270 by 230 pixels. And I have to instruct people to very carefully click on the player "full screen" button in the lower right hand corner, in order to launch in full screen.

A lot of people seem to think that you should be able to double click on the object teaser and just have the thing launch. I've looked and don't see a setting that will allow this.

Supporting this functionality conforms to expectations on the web and would be great to have. Is it there already? I hope? Or planned?

Many thanks,

John

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:05 pm   Post subject:

Hi John,

iSpring Team will be glad to help you with this issue, but it is not completely clear to us.

Is it possible that you will send us a link to your blog post, so we will be able to see how it should work.

Profile profile test

Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:29 pm   Post subject: Link To Post -- Double Click UI Expectation

Maria,

Thanks for your note. My blog is at www.standupsales.com. The first item ("Animated 850 PO") is a good example. The blog item appears twice:

1) First appearance -- "short teaser".

2) Send appearance -- "read more".

In BOTH cases you see the Flash animation waiting to be played. You have to click the Player controls to make it play, or make it full screen.

WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE: Blog readers have asked me why they can't "double click" on the two flash screens with this result --> flash goes full screen AND animation starts. It's sort of a UI expectation.

Am I missing something? Is this a new "check box" that can be added to the configuration?

Thanks for considering this important request, which I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate.

John

P.S. Blog is done in the popular Drupal.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:48 am   Post subject:

Hi John,

Unfortunately it is not possible to create with iSpring a presentation that will start in full screen on double click.

How do you like this udea?
A teaser could be not a real SWF but just an image (screenshot of the presentation's first slide), as soon as your readers double click on a teaser picture they will see the full screen presentation.

Profile profile test

Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:02 pm   Post subject: How To Trigger SWF?

Maria,

Hi -- your idea of the image file, then a click and you get the movie, is the right idea. Now I am trying to figure out how to do this, without learning PHP etc. Seeing as you folks probably know how to do this, any tips on the right direction to go in?

If you have a page with an image displaying, with full HTML filter support, how does one trigger a flash movie?

Thanks,

JM

Profile profile test