Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:11 pm   Post subject: Imported flash animation into ppt - how to reload on slide?

Hi there,

I am importing a 30 sec flash animation, which plays when you navigate to that particular page in the powerpoint. When you navigate to the next (or prev) page in the powerpoint, the flash animation pauses, and when you go back to that page, it starts from where it left off. Once the flash animation ends, it stays on its last frame. Even reloading the powerpoint shows the flash animation wherever it stopped.

How do I get the flash animation to start from scratch every time that particular page is shown?

I can do this by putting a play / reset button in the actual flash file, and while this works, it stops the "prev / next" shortcut keys working unless you subsequently click away from the animation on that slide. As this is for a client I think that's a step too far - and I don't want them to get frustrated because the powerpoint navigation suddenly stops doing what they expect. Any ideas on how to get the flash animation to play from the start each time its containing powerpoint page is loaded?

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:38 pm   Post subject:

Hi!

Unfortunately iSpring does not allow to resume a movie from where it left off. The movie will play from the start after conversion.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:38 am   Post subject:

Maria wrote:
Hi!

Unfortunately iSpring does not allow to resume a movie from where it left off. The movie will play from the start after conversion.

Hi - thanks for the reply but I don't think this is quite my issue - in fact, the reverse, really! I'm not using ISpring to convert anything: my problem is not in creating flash from powerpoint, it's importing a flash movie into Powerpoint, for a client who wishes to send a powerpoint to another client and include my flash animation on a page. They would prefer to have the flash embedded rather than point people at an external web page, as that takes the edge off the point of having one powerpoint presentation!

Actually, in terms of your answer, when my client gets to that powerpoint page, the flash movie plays from wherever it last started. I actually want the embedded flash to play from the start each time its containing page is shown in the powerpoint presentation. Each time its page is shown during the powerpoint presentation, not only does it resume from where it last got to the previous time the page was loaded, but if it's got to the end of the flash animation, it stays there on the last frame of the flash movie - and then, of course, you simply see a static flash frame when you show its containing page in the powerpoint presentation.

I have since remade the Flash to contain a "reset" and "play" button so you can reload the flash manually by clicking on the appropriate buttons, but once you do that, the "forward / back" page buttons on powerpoint don't work until you click back onto the powerpoint page (the flash object steals focus from the Powerpoint application). Therefore as a workaround, I also created a simple graphic under my flash animation which says "Click here to continue powerpoint presentation". It doesn't actually do anything except act as a "target" so people click back on an area of the page outside of the embedded flash movie. Having done that, Powerpoint's "back / next" function works again.

This is OK but a bit of a faff. What I really need is for the flash to simply play from the start each time you go to that page in the powerpoint presentation. Unless it's buried in some code somewhere (either flash or powerpoint code) I can't see how to get it to do that.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:24 am   Post subject:

Marktheharp wrote:
Hi - thanks for the reply but I don't think this is quite my issue - in fact, the reverse, really! I'm not using ISpring to convert anything: my problem is not in creating flash from powerpoint, it's importing a flash movie into Powerpoint, for a client who wishes to send a powerpoint to another client and include my flash animation on a page. They would prefer to have the flash embedded rather than point people at an external web page, as that takes the edge off the point of having one powerpoint presentation!

Ok we have understood the problem.
PowerPoint treats Flash movies as embedded ActiveX objects. Flash object has its own state (such as current playback position). When PowerPoint switches from to another slide, it tells the embedded Flash object to store its state. When PowerPoint switches back to a slide containing the Flash object, it tells the Flash object to restore its state and Flash movie starts playing from the restored state.

I see one possible solution - adding some VBA code to your presentation which will listen to slideshow events and restart embedded Flash objects when a slide switching occurs during slide show.

Profile profile test WWW www ICQ ICQ

Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:52 pm   Post subject:

Aleksey Malov wrote:
I see one possible solution - adding some VBA code to your presentation which will listen to slideshow events and restart embedded Flash objects when a slide switching occurs during slide show.

That sounds exactly the solution - because it will save me having a reset button on the flash, which also means that people won't then click on the flash and steal focus from the powerpoint application.

You probably know my next question!! How might I do this - I don't know anything about VBA code but it sounds like the ideal solution. Happy to play with code as a trial-and-error thing but don't really know where to start. Hope you might be able to suggest something to get me going...

And thanks again.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:28 am   Post subject: Re: Imported flash animation into ppt - how to reload on sli

Animation features in PowerPoint are very large. Firstly, you can animate the slides change. In Animation tab, and right in the middle of the ribbon commands you can select various options for the transition from slide to slide, that can be done. I recommend to read about Powerpoint animations to learn more.

Profile profile test