Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:27 pm   Post subject: Recording audio

We need to buy a new microphone to use ISPRING PRO.
We need a simple solution, not to expensive. What should we get ?

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:47 pm   Post subject: Re: Recording audio

I use a Sennheiser PC 36 headset. I guess it's intended for internet telephone but it records quality audio. It cost less than $50.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:06 pm   Post subject: Re: Recording audio

Voice quality can make a huge difference in a tutorial.
Personally, I'd recommend a voice recorder such as Zoom H4 or Tascam Dr-05. Both for less than $100.

Here's a couple of useful Youtube links:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lAMoN17mLk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cjx1Oxteqmg

And then, I'd use Audacity (which is free) to polish the sound quality a little, particularly the silences... which can be done really quickly.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:44 pm   Post subject: Re: Recording audio

I would suggest you get some professional-like microphone to record audio narrations. You will definitely feel the difference between headsets or regular small microphones which I won't recommend for any recording at all, just for Skype maybe.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhRWs9XhR9g this guy tells us about some really good microphones and their benefits from different price groups for recording podcasts.
I think the best microphone in terms of quality/price is MXL 990. It has great quality and price of $80. This is a condenser microphone, it means, that it is very sensitive and qualitative but requires a special input with phantom power. Please notice it and choose a proper audio interface.
External audio interface (soundcard) also matters when you record a sound. You can get an external USB soundcard for $100-200, like M-Audio Fast Track, E-MU Tracker Pre. These both have phantom power so you can plug in the condenser microphone.
These sound cards provide studio-like sound quality output and input and definitely better than any built in sound card in desktop computer or laptop.
There are some internal interfaces for desktop computers that could be used via PCI port. I think the best choice is ESI Juli@. Regularly it is cheaper and still has great quality but it doesn’t have the phantom power supply. Probably you would need a master to install it into your computer unlike the USB cards.
If you decide to buy a regular dynamic microphone, you can get something like Shure PG48 – on stage popular microphone. It has decent quality and it is very robust so it is quite impossible to break. You can use a dynamic microphone with any kind of sound card since it doesn’t need the phantom power. So most of the microphones we are dealing with are dynamic ones.

Profile profile test