Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:36 pm   Post subject: Popup message for incorrect answer

I am testing iSpring quizmaker for my projects and want to know if it is possible to do the following.

1)When a student starts answering a quiz, if a question is incorrectly answered - is there a way to allow the student to either skip the question and go to next question or to go back to the same question to attempt to answer again?

What I want to do here is to let the student have a choice of skipping the question and moving to the next versus going back to the question and answering.

I have tried setting multiple attempts per question but this seems to force the student to attempt multiple if he keeps answering wrong.

2) Is there a way to export the quizzes created in iSpring to an excel format or to a mysql database?

Thanks for any help.

PB

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:58 pm   Post subject: Re: Popup message for incorrect answer

Ok, let me get this right, you basically want the quiz takers to manage their time well and first answer the questions they know the answer to, and leave the hard ones for later so that all their time doesnt' run out in one question, right? (for example, a user, on his first attempts at question 3, clicks on answer "A", gets it wrong, then he prefers to skip that question for later and do the easy ones and decides to jump forward to question 4 and only come back to 3 later, when he's completed the other questions)

You basically need to do 2 things:

1) Settings -> Navigation -> Display question list must be ticked! (so that a user can jump back and forward between questions.

2) Settings -> Question Defaults -> Attempts (and here you set the maximum number of attempts a user can have. 2, 3 or whatever).

(actually, possibly a third setting you'd need to change: Navigation -> allow users to finish without answering all questions, in case a user simply prefers not to answer a given question).

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:46 pm   Post subject: Re: Popup message for incorrect answer

Thank you for the post!
I appreciate your great experience using iSpring Quizmaker, Javier, as well!
I should say your suggestion should work just perfectly. It's also possible to try "Submit all questions at once" scenario in Quiz-->Properties-->Navigation.

Profile profile test