Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:50 pm   Post subject: Export SWF as 1 frame solid file?

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is possible...

Basically I want to embed a number of SWFs in a .fla. This is fine when our designer makes the swfs as single 1 frame swfs with no code, just layout, etc.

However, the ones exported from iSpring don't import into Flash properly at all. I understand why, you need to load them and they contain code, etc.

My question is, is it possible to get a single one frame SWF from iSpring which will allow me to nicely embed in Flash (with no interactivity whatsover), so the slide is visible in Flash before compiliation?

Many thanks,

Chris

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:57 pm   Post subject:

I think it's hardly possible. You will not see preview picture of the Flash Presentation when you insert them to your .fla project. As you described, it has code and library of slides. Playback of these slides is handled via script.

I can suggest you to convert PPT to Standalone Slides (one .swf for each slide). Maybe it will meet your needs. Also taking a screenshot of each slide can help - it's the 100% approved method but time consuming.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:12 pm   Post subject:

Hi,

Thanks for suggestions.

Basically I am exporting as individual slides, but still have the same problem.

The old process (before iSpring) we used to use was printing to PDF, then converting PDF->SWF with command line, but iSpring does a better job. The only downside is that designers can't see the slides in Flash UI. Basically for this we care nothing about interacting with the slides, they are just static images. The problem with screenshots is you are losing the vector scalability of SWFs :(

Profile profile test