Posted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:46 am   Post subject: Doing a quiz again within a lesson

Lesson has 6 sections which learner can visit or revisit in any order. In each section there is a single question quiz.

Learner goes through a section and answers the quiz question. Then does another section but then decides to go back to the first section he tried. Back in that first section, when getting to the question he finds his old answer is still shown and he cannot do the question again.

I can't find a way to set up the options to let him have another go at that question. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Colin

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:33 am   Post subject: Re: Doing a quiz again within a lesson

Hi colin.

Have you tried changing the number of times a user is allowed to take the quiz?
I think the default is just 1. Try increasing that number here:

Settings -> Main -> Number of attempts to take the Quiz.

It is possible that his answers are saved into cache (much like what happens with passwords and so on), in which case he'd either have to clear his browser's cache or user a different browser.

I hope that works!

Regards.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:24 pm   Post subject: Re: Doing a quiz again within a lesson

Hi Javier

thanks for the suggestion. I have already tried all the options of numbers of tries, etc. hoping something would work.

I think you are probably correct in that the scores are still in cache and so there is no simple solution.

Unfortunately, this does render iSpring a bit limited when using quizmaker for individual questions within a larger lesson as it means you cannot have the learner being able to have another go at a lesson.

This is particularly important when you add in a remedial set of slides and then want the learner to go back and try the question again, the only solution seems to be to have another copy of the question - a solution, but not a pretty one, especially if the learner gets it wrong several times!

Maybe someone can suggest another work around?

Thanks

Colin

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:54 pm   Post subject: Re: Doing a quiz again within a lesson

Thank you for posting here!

Colin, can I ask you to provide me with the presentation you created and that did not allow you to re-take (re-answer) the question via email?
It would be very helpful to have something to look at, so I will be able to find a scenario and settings that will meet your requirements.

The confidentiality of your files is guaranteed.
Hope to hear from you soon!

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:28 pm   Post subject: Re: Doing a quiz again within a lesson

Hi Vladimir

sorry to sound ignorant, to what email address should I send it?

Thanks

Colin

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:03 pm   Post subject: Re: Doing a quiz again within a lesson

That's my fault, I should mention it.
The e-mail address is support@ispringsolutions.com

Profile profile test