Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:28 pm   Post subject: Branched quiz based on quiz taker's information

Hello,
I created a course for my company's fire drill plan. It included general information for everyone, but also information about which exit to use if you are in a certain area of the building.

When I created the quiz, my first question was a multiple choice question asking which area of the building the quiz taker was located in. Depending on their answer, the quiz branched to area specific questions.

I had to select 1 answer/premise as correct. I set the feedback to 'none' though, so the quiz taker would not receive a 'correct' or 'incorrect' response to their answer. Each answer/premise was set to branch to the next question based on their area.

The quiz worked perfectly, however people asked why they couldn't get 100% and why the quiz review told them they selected the wrong area. It is because the 1st multiple choice question had to have a 'correct' answer selected. Additionally, I can not set the point value to zero, so all quiz takers outside that area will receive less than 100%.

How could I have set up a branching quiz based on the quiz taker's information where there is no correct answer on a question that leads to to the rest of the quiz?

Thank you!

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:59 am   Post subject: Re: Branched quiz based on quiz taker's information

The first thing that pops to mind is that the "first question" in your quiz is not really a quiz question (there's no right or wrong answer) but more of a "survey question". Thus, if you remove that first question and make it a survey question instead, with the same branching options, I think the results would then display correctly.

Let us know if that works for you! ;)

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:08 pm   Post subject: Re: Branched quiz based on quiz taker's information

Thank you for the post, EBKBA!
I also appreciate your help, Javier!
Actually Javier was right when he suggested to use "Survey" question at the beginning of the quiz to set up branching.
In this case you can use "Pick one" type of the questions to start the test.
After that I can offer you to divide the quiz into groups according to the certain area of the building.
When users will navigate to the certain question group and answer all question within the group the test can be finished without showing all other questions in other groups. In order to finish the quiz, I can offer to set up "Finish quiz" branching.
If you need more detailed instruction, please contact me at support@ispringsolutions.com and I will reply with the screenshots and explanation.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:19 pm   Post subject: Re: Branched quiz based on quiz taker's information

Thank you for your help! I didn't realize that I could blend the two quiz types together!

Profile profile test