Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:50 am   Post subject: Refresh quizzes when the presentation loops

Hi,

I am using iSpring Suite and have developed a PPT presentation with 3 quizzes, and published it as an executable file (.exe).

After a participant goes through the entire presentation and completes all the quizzes, is there anyway to open a new instance of the presentation again, with all the quizzes refreshed, from the .exe file?

I hope this makes sense. In other words, I would like user A to go through the presentation complete the quizzes and then for user B to either open/refresh the presentation so that the answers from user A are not remembered. And, for all this to be done from the presentation/.exe filed proper.

Let me know if this still doesn't make sense. Thank you for any advice you can give.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:19 am   Post subject: Re: Refresh quizzes when the presentation loops

Thank you for posting here!

Yes, this can be achieved if you adjust Unlimited attempts to take the quiz, so each time user will open the .exe file the quizzes will be refreshed.
This can be done if you go Properties -> Main tab -> Attempts -> choose Unlimited in the drop-down menu:
http://www.ispringsolutions.com/help/7/ ... _main.html

It can be also helpful to disable resume option, so the presentation will be started from the very beginning.
This can be done in the Publish settings window, please go Publish -> Playback and Navigation tab -> On restart -> choose Always start over in the drop-down menu:
http://www.ispringsolutions.com/help/7/ ... tings.html

Hope my answer will help.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:26 am   Post subject: Re: Refresh quizzes when the presentation loops

Are we able to refresh the quizzes when it loops? I don't want to have to close the .exe file and reopen it again. I hope this is clearer.

Or, is there some way to open another instance of the .exe file from the one that is currently open?

Again, I hope this is clear.

Thank you and I look forward to your response.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:25 am   Post subject: Re: Refresh quizzes when the presentation loops

The quizzes can not be refreshed without exiting the course.
However, you can put the .exe file into the shared folder (or to LAN server) and several users will be able to launch it simultaneously.

Will this work for you?

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:06 pm   Post subject: Re: Refresh quizzes when the presentation loops

Afraid that that wouldn't work for my application. Ideally, we would want the user to be able to finish the quiz, hit a button on the screen and for everything to get refreshed, all without exiting.

Another option might be to open a new presentation and quiz from itself. Is there anyway to do that?

Thanks again for all your support.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:39 pm   Post subject: Re: Refresh quizzes when the presentation loops

Thank you for your reply.

I regret to say that there is no such an options.
However, let me please suggest you to create .html spreadsheet with the links to the presentations. So user will be able to relaunch the course from that spreadsheet.

Hope this will help.

Profile profile test