Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:41 pm   Post subject: Custom Shows

Does iSpring support PowerPoint custom shows? I've created a sample presentation which has two custom shows. I have graphics that hyperlink to those shows. But the links don't do anything. And after clicking on the graphic (or just text, I've tried both) you can't click to advance to the next slide anymore.

Am I missing something simple? I've done several presentations where you branch to a slide, run through those and return. But I'd love to pull out a subset of slides and the custom show seems like it would do the job perfect for my need. If only it works, that is! Is it supposed to?

James

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:26 pm   Post subject: Re: Custom Shows

Thank you for the post!
Actually the Custom Show inserted in a PowerPoint presentation through a hyperlink can be converted with iSpring. I suppose that Flash player restrictions can cause the issue:
http://www.ispringsolutions.com/blog/hyperlinks-dont-obey-you-control-them/
You can also send us your presentation for research to support@ispringsolutions.com

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:45 pm   Post subject: Re: Custom Shows

I've sent on the presentation.

I tried it in both HTML5 (only) and in flash, and it didn't work either way. I have adjusted the flash properties without help. (I've learned my lesson on that one. Almost tore my hair out with resource links that weren't working on my computer!) I hope you can tell me something, as I see this being an awesome feature.

James

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:48 pm   Post subject: Re: Custom Shows

If anyone looks for this answer in the future, it has to do with custom branching. Links to custom shows don't work (right now) when you set you own custom branching in the presentation explorer. I got rid of the custom branching and the links to custom shows work fine now.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:19 pm   Post subject: Re: Custom Shows

Actually you are right as when any Branching is applied in iSpring Presentation Explorer tool the hyperlinks to Custom Shows won't work. This functionality was especially developed in iSpring software to avoid overlaping the Presentation branching.

Profile profile test